• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME, AE, Premiere crashing without giving errors

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Starting two days ago After Effects, Media Encoder, and Premiere will crash without freezing. After Effects and Premiere will close as soon as I attempt to import footage into any project file, Media Encoder will close as soon once it fully opens. Only Media Encoder logs an error in Event Viewer, listed below.. I tried reinstalling and same issue.I also tried downgrading Media Encoder from 22.3 to 15.4.1 and After Effects from 22.3 to 14.4.1. In terms of Premiere, I can make a new project or open a previous. Can create a sequence, can create titles and black video. 

I have gone so far as to completely reinstalling windows and creative cloud...

AME's crash in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Adobe Media Encoder.exe, version: 22.3.0.64, time stamp: 0x62393561
Faulting module name: AdobeXMPFiles.dll, version: 7.1.1.49485, time stamp: 0x612fa056
Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000000e955c
Faulting process id: 0x32c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d856b9bd10037a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder 2022\Adobe Media Encoder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder 2022\AdobeXMPFiles.dll
Report Id: 732740bc-5f6f-48d8-8819-da2551ca22af
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I did eventually get an error in Event Viewer through Premiere's crash when importing one specific clip, and have not been able to replicate. 

This device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 has a bad block. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, a little update. 

I noticed AME's default view is browsing my desktop, where that specific clip is located. 

Made a temp folder on the same drive and moved my entire desktop over. Loaded AME, doesn't crash.... Started moving stuff back, crashes once that clip is on my desktop. 

The odd thing is other programs can view it, so it doesn't appear corrupted and that bad block error seems even weirder now. But I can find workarounds 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the problem is pretty wide-spread.  My rendering also get stuck (always a the same time: 34 minute 56 second, not one second more, or it will crash).  A friend of mine used a pirate version (2019 version, to be exact) to render for me, and it worked just fine..

Maybe I should stop paying Adobe, and use the pirate version just as my friend does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fan AT ALL of AME 22.3. Mine hangs as well nearing the end of encoding. Why is it that developers always seem so intent on improving (breaking) things that aren't broken?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Incidentally, it doesn't matter whether I use the queue or do a direct export from the project. it still hangs with 16 seconds left, every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines