• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME Just not working anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So once again an AME update takes one step forward and two back...

Im on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

And basically none of my Adobe apps have been working correctly for months now. Ive had to resort to roundabout methods for rendering (like having to stitch together pre-rendered sequences, not using my GPU, swapping between versions). All of these methods i've had to come up with on my own as well, since all the advice i can get from your live support is to reset my settings, and if that does not work they tell me its a bug that "they will report". Sorry for the rant but its so frustrating how you can take something that has worked so well for so long and make it unusable.

Well i was happy to start using your latest version of AME (13.0.2) hoping it would relieve some of the problems i have been facing (Constant crashing, Dynamic Link not working between apps) but lo and behold MORE problems arose!

Using Dynamic link now is ABYSMALLY slow. I've looked into changing settings like "Importing sequences internally" but nothing changes the fact that it takes almost ten minutes of "Reading XML" until it starts encoding and then freezes throughout on random intervals. How is this possible? Two years ago this process was almost instantaneous! Even using slower computers.

Not only that but h264 encoding with Dynamic Link is completely broken now. Changing bitrates does nothing. They default to HUGE filesizes (unless of course they just crash, which still happens a lot).

I don't know what to do really, I've been in touch with your support on and off for so long now and not getting anywhere that i just feel like giving up. I guess i just would like to know why this keeps happening and why your software keeps getting buggier every new release. I'm tired of submitting reports without getting any solutions. I know that fixing all the bugs is not easy, but i just expected more from Adobe. I used to LOVE using all of these programs but now its the worst part my job. End rant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wimbus,

I'm so sorry for the poor experience. I'll do my best to make it right. I understand that you are getting performance(crash and dynamic link not working) related issues with Media Encoder.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

Thank you for providing all the information.

(Constant crashing, Dynamic Link not working between apps)

We'll need more information to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Do you have any crash or error log? Would it be fine if you can share it with us?
  2. Does the crash occurs with a specific file or with every encoding?
  3. Which version of Mac OS is installed on your computer?
  4. Have you tried reinstalling the applications for the dynamic link issue making sure the version of applications is same?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines