Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME stalls render and leaves no error message

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I am not able to complete my render on a composition(see specs below).The trend I see is that shorter renders are able to be completed, but the problem comes on the longer overnight renders within. Each time it stalls a different point(25% completed one time, over 90% completed this last time). No error message shows. No error is logged in the AME encoding log. There is no "not responding" message from the task manager. I have included a screen shot. The solutions I have tried are as follows:

• The graphics card has been upgraded
  • AME/AE was downgraded from 18.4.1 to v18.2(current screenshot shown) *

*(As an interesting aside that is not related to this AME forum but is relevant, I tried the file within the AE beta v 22.0 to take advantage of the multiframe rendering. The file was completely rendered but the quality of the render was not acceptable. It had green glitches that do not show up when I render in nonbeta versions. I share not to address the AE beta v 22.0 issues but to show the file itself can be completly rendered)

I am on a Windows 10 system/32GB RAM/  NVIDIA Quadro P60. Errors on Adobe Media Encoder 18.2(current) but also 18.4 and 18.4.1. Computer power settings are set to never sleep when plugged in.

The specs for the video I am rendering are as follows: Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 29.97 fps, Progressive, 203 (75% HLG, 58% PQ), Quality 100, DNxHR/DNxHD, 00;04;59;27 . Audio: Uncompressed, 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit.

Thank you in advance for any guidance. It looks like others have had similar issues but I did not see a definitive solution.

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried exporting the comp directly from After Effects (non Beta version) & checked if it's exporting properly? Also, you may try switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & check if it's exporting properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines