• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AV1 Encoder Support

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Implement next generation (royalty free) encoder from AV1 within Adobe Media Encoder. Several implementations are out, however it would be great if CC 2020 would make it more user-friendly in their AME GUI. Moreover, an adoption of the AVIF format for digital picture media across their other solutions would be welcomed as well.
Idea Under review

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
23 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to if there is a roadmap or timeline for support for the AV1 codec in AME? Anywere in CC 2020?

It would be interesting to see either the AV1 encoder adopted into AME or support for the AVIF format in Photoshop and other Adobe products.

I know hardware is starting to slowly be released to help encoding times, but it would be great to be able to  encode videos into this next generation format, even if with our current hardware (and even though it takes a while). Is Adobe planning to release when it can/will be supported? Anyone have any information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thanks, as it would be great to even get a bit of information regarding any upcoming features or announcements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, why do you need this ? Who are you going to send the AV1 file to ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this to encode home videos into a royalty free next generation format that will help with not only quality but also more efficient space consumption. I would send it to many friends and family members, as it also aids in bandwidth consumption as well if/when streaming. And finally, I want this encode spec that will stand the test of time with the majority of the industry behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes would love this feature. We are aiming to encode hundreds of hours of content into AV1 for our new channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex are you going to upload AV1 to YouTube ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, would certainly upload AV1 to YouTube as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want media encoder to support AV1 because AV1 need more public coverage to be used everywhere and media encoder is well known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AV1 would be great as it seems to be way to get the smallest file sizes for a web video for our homepage at decent bitrates that can play on most computers. Right now I'm having to send it through ShutterEncoder to get it to AV1, but it would be nicer to not have to rely on a third party factor for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AV1 is the only codec which runs well with 8K 360 video.
Neither H264 or H265 are able to play 8K 360 videos on a web player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

av1 would be so useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AV1 encoding support is something which is a must-have for the following reasons:
- YouTube which plays a big part of the creator ecosystem is already migrating to it aggressively.
- It is the most legal friendly video option for distribution
- With Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, we expect most consumer devices to support hardware decoding of this codec.
- Technically, it is superior in terms of quality / size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@antonie, I think the idea is to ingest AV1 videos into Media Encoder and then export them as H.264 or another friendly format, as well as export AV1 directly from Media Encoder. Currently this can be done with other FFMpeg based encoders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is youtube's new (over a year ago) standard, we should have it in premiere asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I think the idea is to ingest AV1 videos into Media Encoder and then export them as H.264 or another friendly format"

That is not the goal at all.  AV1 is the final format we want to export for storage and uploading to youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, with streaming captutre software now able to capture in av1 format, it gives content creators (streamers in this case) an alternative to creating huge files on their computers.  When it then comes to editing that to form clips or other consumable content, we are forced to use software other than the Adobe suite.  Other popular editing software has the option to both import and export av1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate for Adobe to support AV1! This format is now quite widely supported, I'm susprised to see Adobe as one of the last holdouts that don't.

I can use OBS Studio to hardware encode in AV1, I can stream AV1 to YouTube and upload AV1 videos to YouTube, but I can't actually use AV1 because Premiere Pro doesn't support it. Sadly if support is not added soon I may be forced to look for an alternative editing software that keeps with the times better.

Please Adobe, add AV1 support ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess we should be really specific in asking for AV1 hardware encoding and decoding along with the software implementation of AV1 to ingest, edit, render timeline video previews and render out final video files in all applicable programs.

As it stands now the 40 Nvidia cards have encoders, and so to all of the Intel cards which Adobe doesn't seem to want to get working with their software despite Intel's constant and ongoing efforts to reach out to and work with program engineers like at TOPAZ and NEAT VIDEO etc.

I would assume that the paywall of H.266 VVC will have Adobe waiting until a sale on Prime day in 2026-27 before that gets implemented but there should be no excuse when it comes to AV1 which has be in the works for 7? years now so it didn't sneak up on everyone considering Handbrake VLC and Davinci have AV1 support.

-J3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am urgently waiting for av1 codec support like my other friends, otherwise I cannot use Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this day, I'm still waiting for Adobe to implement AV1 encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now March 25 in the year of our Lord 2024. I have been relegated to using Handbrake to reencode AV1 youtube videos into h265 before ingesting into After Effects. There still is no solution in sight. Stay strong fellow brethren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try using Influx to import files into Media Encoder:

Influx will allow you to import all kinds of audio-video files directly and natively into Premiere Pro, Media Encoder , After Effects, and Audition.

https://www.autokroma.com/Influx

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where is my AV1 support Adobe? pwease

Votes

Translate