• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ProRes on Windows

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched from a Mac to a PC and I am having trouble encoding videos into Apple ProRes. I tried downloading all different versions of QuickTime but I need help. Any answers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Apple does not support the creation of ProRes files on a PC. They just don't allow it. A few companies have tried to reverse-engineer the codec and offer a method of doing it, do a web search for current options (these companies come and go...).

Can you use Avid DNxHD instead? Quite similar file size and quality.

The latest Premiere offers DNxHD as an .mxf file, but you can get the QuickTime .mov codecs for DNxHD from Avid website to install on the PC if you prefer .mov files.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Saf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple does not support the creation of ProRes files on a PC. They just don't allow it. A few companies have tried to reverse-engineer the codec and offer a method of doing it, do a web search for current options (these companies come and go...).

Can you use Avid DNxHD instead? Quite similar file size and quality.

The latest Premiere offers DNxHD as an .mxf file, but you can get the QuickTime .mov codecs for DNxHD from Avid website to install on the PC if you prefer .mov files.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines