Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get AE file to the Media Encoder Queue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I updated AE and Media Encoder to the latest versions and after that I'm not able to get the AE file to the queue in Media Encoder.

I press;

Export - Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue: But the file doesn't show up in the queue window in Media Encoder.

I've tried to reinstall earlier versions but then the quality of the movie gets really really bad!

I use a MacBook Pro 15 and I have Adobe Creative Cloud

Best regards

Johnny

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

This could be caused by mismatch languages between OS and AE/AME.  For an experiment, could you try switching OS language to the language set for AE/AME  to see if this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Did the steps above and I could see the file in the AME que. But when i start encoding AME is trying to link to the file, but nothing happens. It says "Connecting to Dynamic Link server", but doesn't seem to be able to connect. After a while I stopped and quit AME. Then I get a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me some more detail?  I hope it gives me some kind of clue. 

- Does this happen even with a very simple composition such as only a slid layer placed in timeline?

- Where is your AE and AME install location?  Default "Applications" folder or somewhere else?

- What is your OS version and language?

- Is AE and AME set to the same language as OS?

- What are other Adobe apps installed?

- Can you import AE comp in PPro?

- Could you turn off the "Import sequences natively" option in AME preferences > General.  Can you queue from PPro to AME?

This is happening only for some users.  So, this could be something specific to some system configurations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be caused by mismatch languages between OS and AE/AME.  For an experiment, could you try switching OS language to the language set for AE/AME  to see if this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same problem as everyone else with AE and AME and this worked for me. Had my Mojave OS language set to swedish, changed to english and after a reboot the connection between AE and AME works like it should. Please make a sticky post about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that actually worked for me as well! But yeas, this still needs to be fixed. I want to use the language of my choosing and still use ME.

But thanks for the quick fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Does this happen even with a very simple composition such as only a slid layer placed in timeline?

Yes

- Where is your AE and AME install location?  Default "Applications" folder or somewhere else?

In the default folder.

- What is your OS version and language?

Majave 10.4. Swedish.

- Is AE and AME set to the same language as OS?

No.

- What are other Adobe apps installed?

AP, AU, BR, Ai, Id, Lr,, Media Encoder, Ps, Pr, Ru, Sg

- Can you import AE comp in PPro?

Yes

- Could you turn off the "Import sequences natively" option in AME preferences > General.  Can you queue from PPro to AME?

Yes, change nothing. Yes that's work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry, change from Swedish to English to primary language in OS system preferences and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it and it works ... but it's a pain in the ass to change language (and restart) all the time I thought it was a professional product we worked with hehe

Let's hope for a quick fix from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, you'll have to run Mojave in english until they fix this. If you can bare out with Mojave in english (and all applications that sync their language to the os) you don't need to restart every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read all this through, since I wanted to render a project which was due FRIDAY and it's now MONDAY and still no solution.

Is there a fix on PC as well? Even a clumsy one like this would be fine.

Thanks!

(Hey Adobe, why am I even paying you?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the above dirty hotfix. Change your OS language to english, and it should work. Otherwise you can export with AE renderer and then import it through Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try, thanks, meanwhile I had another computer doing it... Deadline is deadline, you know...
You think this workd on PC as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried PC yet, good luck thought and hopefully the hotfix works on all systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, this had fixed the issue for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and back in seems to have solved my issue AE not communicating with AME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

similar problem here. installed 2019 CC versions yesterday and now i'm having a problem exporting AE comp to media encoder. the comp renders fine out of AE render cue to Pro-rez format  but sending the same comp to ME either fails to establish the link or when it will open the ME render settings to set up a h264 export the ME export hangs after a few seconds with no error message, just stops.

i'm on iMac, 32 gigs RAM, OS 10.12.6 with current Nvidia update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG.... I also stuck in this problem....

Can Adobe staff solve this issues soon......

Switching OS language is not right way to deal with this issue. It's just work-around solution.

Changing OS is too complicated to reduce time of project.

So many people have the same issues , this is a bug that Adobe need to face it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue since CS6. Adobe, this is just not good enough.

OS language fix is not a solution, so please do not mark this question as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not work.

AE Version 16.0.1 Build 48 - ME Version 13.0.2 Build 39 - MBP 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB

The solution to changing the OS language to english (from swedish) is not a solution, it becomes a problem for a variety of other applications / apps.

This was working, why do you have to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I just downloaded AE / ME on my laptop (running Mojave) so they're up-to-date latest versions and I'm having this Dynamic Link Server issue. You've mentioned workarounds – it would be so kind if anyone can tell me any other way of getting my file out of AE and encoded. When I try to manually import the AE project into ME I just get this Dynamic Link Error message: 'Please verify that Adobe After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed.' I looked at the language, but my OS was set to English already, so I figure it can't have been that. I've tried / checked everything that has been mentioned here and still no joy. Pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to this being a problem - and on Win 10 as well. I'm simply unable to render AE compositions in ME so I always have to render twice - once as an uncompressed AVI and then as h264 in ME. This sucks up hours of my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and did a REBOOT and this fixed it for me. I'm guessing a service was stalled or failing to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Had the same issue and realized I didn't have the render que window open:

window>render que    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, here. Yesterday, AFX -> ME worked and today, no dice. What gives? Even uninstalled and reinstalled AFX & ME, today, to try and troubleshoot. ME won't even recognize the comp from AFX if I go the Media Browser protocol.

Have been having weird issues w/Adobe products since the last last Mojave update: Premiere makes my fan go crazy, can't run more than 1 Adobe app at the same time or I have to shut down and let my station cool off for 20 minutes. Anybody else?

Late 2013 iMac, Mojave, Creative Cloud 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too with AE/ME 2017, and here's how I solved it.

Open in ME.

In AE add your composition to your render queue. 

Next to "Stop" and "Pause", there's a buttom "Queue in AME"... I hadn't noticed this before, but I clicked this, and then switched over to ME, and the project file was there in ME's render queue.

From there I was able to use the preset of my choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines