Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upsample video from 44.1 to 48 kHz

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First of all let me stat that I'm not a audio guy (nor a video guy, for that matter), so I might mess up with the concepts a little bit, but I'm trying my best.

Here's the thing: I believe I have some MOV files recorded with 44.1 kHz sample rate. I think so because when I drop them in my sequence in Premiere their audio sound really low pitched.

If I try to cover them through VLC player changing the audio sample to 48 kHz, the converted file sounds just fin in Premiere.

The thing is that I have many files to convert and the current version of VLC doesn't allow batch conversion, so I wanted to do this process in AME.

The thing is that if I try to repete the process in AME (with similar settings to the ones that got me where I needed in VLC), nothing happens with the audio. I tried everything that made sense to me and premiere keeps playing the files converted through AME with the wrong pitch (and this covered through VLC with the right pitch).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PS: These are the audio settings that enabled the successful conversion through VLC.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 17.38.04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean pitch or do you mean gain or volume? 

Changing a sample rate should not change the pitch unless it also includes a speed change.   So a clip playing faster than originally recorded would have a higher pitch and a clip playing slower than originally recorded would have a lower pitch.  If using an app that changes pitch when just changing sample rate, that's usually something that you want to avoid.

Have you tried the Pitch Shifter effect in Premiere Pro (Effects > Audio Effects Pitch Shifter)?

Of course if it's gain or volume, either of those can be adjusted as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, my goal is really change the pitch of the audio without changing the speed of the video, even if it means that they will be unsynchronised.

But the pitch shifter seams to help too... If it works it will probably be a mach better solution even.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines