• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
1

Composition changes not appearing in exported video; AME is outputting an old version of the project

Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue - Despite making changes to a composition and sending it to AME (from the AE menu "Composition -> Send to Adobe Media Encoder Queue"), Media Encoder exports a video that shows an older version of that composition. The changes are not included. This persists between program restarts and PC shutdowns.

 

Adobe Media Encoder version number - 24.3 build 49 (After Effects version 24.4.0 build 47)

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro (22H2)

 

Steps to reproduce - Import a CSV file into AE. Use that CSV as a data source for several text layers. Pre-compose the text layers. Save. Send to AME. Make changes to the CSV outside of AE. Confirm that the new data is appearing in AE. Send to AME.

Expected result - All changes made to the composition are reflected in the exported video.

Actual result -  The exported video is not based on the actual current state of the composition, but a past state. The old data is showing up.

Views

145

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

I did try that, purging all memory and disk cache from AE. Didn't make a difference.

 

However, as of this morning it's no longer happening. I've continued working with this project file quite a bit since my initial post so I'm not sure what changed. To get around the issue I was rendering intermediary frame sequences in AE then replacing the contents of the compositions with the sequences before sending to AME. I'll provide an update if the issue reoccurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Thanks for the heads up. Your solution sounds tedious. If you ever come across a repro, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also note that this is using the "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" renderer in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. Once you make changes to the csv you need to save to project in After Effects again before sending it to AME. Could you try saving after you made the changes and then send the updated project file to AME? Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. It persists in spite of multiple changes (and saves) on both the CSV and AE project file. I also tried saving the CSV with a different name and using that to "replace footage" in the AE project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try deleting the cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that, purging all memory and disk cache from AE. Didn't make a difference.

 

However, as of this morning it's no longer happening. I've continued working with this project file quite a bit since my initial post so I'm not sure what changed. To get around the issue I was rendering intermediary frame sequences in AE then replacing the contents of the compositions with the sequences before sending to AME. I'll provide an update if the issue reoccurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. Your solution sounds tedious. If you ever come across a repro, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines