• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition don't show when I import an After effects File[Windows]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i imported an After Effects File into AME and only the folders are showing in the Composition selection menu, i have tried using "Render in AME" in after effects but all that does is crash both application.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Title was edited by: mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joshforeman,

Thanks for reaching out. Dynamic link should work fine if the version of both the applications is in sync.

• Which version of After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder is installed on your computer?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the applications?
  • What happens when you import the .aep file directly in AME?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version of both. i've tried reinstalling it, same results. i've tried every way of importing files into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. As per the screenshot that you have shared, AME gives you the option to choose the composition to be rendered. What happens when you try to select the composition from the options given?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most the time none of the Comps show in that menu uncles i shift open the program, and even then only the folders show and the folders are always empty. most the time its not bothered to try to connect to the Dynamic link servers either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. I am using the latest version i.e. 16.1.2 and it is working absolutely fine here.

• Have you tested multiple projects/compositions?
  • Do you have Adobe Premiere Pro installed? If yes, please check if the dynamic link works fine between PR and AME.
  • I can see that you are using Windows. Could share some more detail about your computer(RAM, GPU, etc)

Let me know.

Meanwhile, I'll check if there is an ongoing discussion or reports for the same issue from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I I do have PP installed and dynamic link seems to work on it but i don,t render through it because Premier has the h2.64 Render thing

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 1800x possessor  and 32768mb ram

AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 7 1800X Processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines