• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between youtube and vimeo presets?

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce videos that I always post to Vimeo, so I usually use the Vimeo 1080 preset. I made some new ones which I plan to offer more publicly, so I considered putting them on Youtube as well. I planned to export them from Premiere Pro twice, with both the Vimeo 1080 and Youtube 1080 presets. However, on closer examination, I couldn't see any difference between their descriptions at all.

Is there actually any difference between those presets (maybe something under the hood) that is not included in the descriptions? Or are they actually the exact same thing? I don't know what the point would be of two separate presets if they aren't different somehow. (?)

Also, I'd like to confirm: I heard an expert once say that if I export with the appropriate preset for a site either Vimeo or Youtube), then that site won't re compress the video at all. I would just like to confirm that, if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

There are different - f. eg. they have different bitrates. 
And yes - if you import a file to vimeo/youtube with correct specs it sgould not be converted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different - f. eg. they have different bitrates. 
And yes - if you import a file to vimeo/youtube with correct specs it sgould not be converted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your clear and precise answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I go to the "Preset Settings...", both the Vimeo 1080p and YouTube 1080p presets have a Target Bitrate of 16 Mbps in the Video panel and 320 Kbps in the Audio panel. I'd love to know if the bitrate settings are different somewhere else in the Preset Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines