• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoder crashes on my brand new high end computer?!

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export a video for work as a matter of emergency. It keeps crashing it wont render/encode the video. I have tried about 8 times.

It is the first time attempting to render a video on a new computer, it was fine on my old computer which was a way lower spec, I am doing everything the same I think and Its a very powerful brand new 4K editing computer. I am only trying to render a 1080p video 30fps on low render settings!

My Computer Specs: AMZ THREADRIPPER 2920X CPU 12 Cores, 3.5 - 4.3GHz

64GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM

Samsung Evo 200GB 970 EVO m.2 SSD

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 Graphic Card

Windows 10

10TB HDD

2 TB SSHD X2

4 TB SSHD

Not many programs are installed, its a brand new computer. was not running any other programs at the same time. Tried restarting the computer and trying again multiple times. it crashes within a few seconds after pressing Encode/Render button. It begins encoding then crashes. PLEASE HELP!!! Need to render this video by today for work! I am paying a premium for creative cloud I only need it for this. Thanks! Jordan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is so time-sensitive, rather than troubleshooting right now, have you just exported directly from Premiere (or After Effects), rather than queuing the job to AME? You could always try trashing the AME preferences, especially if you synced them, maybe something wonky happened.

You also haven't said when it crashes or what format you're trying to encode to. Is AME crashing on startup or after you start encoding? If AME is crashing on startup it could be a permissions issue. Try this article: Fixing permissions problem (slow startup)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jordanm

I understand the stability of any application is very important for getting the projects completed on time. I appreciate that you shared the system details and performed many steps to get the issue sorted. I have a few questions before we start troubleshooting:

• Did you try the suggestions shared by @davidarbor?
  • it crashes within a few seconds after pressing Encode/Render button.

Does it crash the application or just the export process?

• Do you get any error message or report when the crash happens?
  • Does it happen with every project?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines