• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem after updating to the latest version.  After reading through most of the posts I decided to revert becuase I have a bunch of videos from an event that I need to get posted.  After I reverted I could not open the projects because they were saved with a newer version.    REALLY!  I've tried reinstalling (no luck) saving the output to the internal SSD (no luck) using the encoder (no luck).    Do I really need to revert and redo 10 hours of work and never install and upgrade again?  Someone from Adobe please read this and tell me you have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken, the old format of your project should still be available to open in the previous version of PP because you would have saved the new version of 2022 project with a new filename, try opening that.

Also try toggling on/off the encode/decode with Intel/Nvidia with differnt combinations in the preferences.

Regards Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No old version exists, I upgraded last week.  Saturday I recorded a bunch of speakers at a STEM event for middle schools students and worked on editing it Saturday night and most of Sunday and and about an hour this morning putting final touches on all of them.  Told the teachers I would have them posted in a few days so the students who could not make it on Saturday could see the speakers.   It should go a little faster, but most of the time was editing out technical glitches and getting rid of the pre-talk chatter.  Both are tedious and require watching an rewatching parts of the clip and sometimes editing down to a specific frame.  Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary5F9E, will try what you suggested about flipping the encoding on and off and post if it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary5F9E so I went to preferences and H264/HEVC harware accelerated decoding and the accelerated encoding were both checked.  I unchecked them.  Attached screen shot shows them unchecked.  I noticed that they both had (requres restart).  So of course I did not restart.  Tried to export one of my projects and it worked.  So did the next 3 projects.  My performance monitor showed the GPU at 50% to 60% which is normal for my exports (with CPU pegged at 100%).   

I'm kind of afraid to restart since nothing seems to make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too ! Thanks for the idea, I was devastated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error code following the most recent 2022 update as well. Trying to revert to the previous version results in the same error, and would otherwise require me to re-do the project entirely. 

I noticed that exporting the audio alone seems to still work in the latest version. It's H.264 video that seem to produce the problem (but I haven't tested other types to be sure). Once I set the Media Encoder 2022 export settings to .wav only, I was able to export as expected. The problem, of course, is that I need those video files too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me error was solved by closing "preview" window in Media Encoder, as I notice that GPU using 50% on encodinig and 50% on decoding video. So it seams that ME do not hable properly reading and writing result file at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is having the same problem and is using PNG/image sequences:

1. Preview the comp in AE and wait for an error to show up (or find another way to find corrupt/unfinished image files)

2. Note the filename of the image that's giving the error and check it the image sequence (it's probably half finished or otherwise corrupt)

3. Fully render the corrupt image

4. Check if the render is working now

This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SiLi,

Please share the PNG Sequence which was causing the issue and also share your system hardware details.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This helped me after trying a lot of the other suggestions: in the end, I had a very big image sequence in my timeline (even as it was set after the video out) and deleting it made the actual video render.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After days of trying different methods. After sleepless nights my friend and I got the answer.

Download Quicktimelite. When installing uncheck the components.

Restart your app.

Sweet Joy.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BaZz This is a very vague reply. Please elaborate on how you solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for me was to put a begin and end on the track. Firstly move the playhead to where you want the rendering to begin on your video and press “I” on the keyboard. Then move over to where you wish the rendering of the video to end and click “O” on your keyboard. When you completed this proces, you can render the video. 

The whole explanation is on this webpage: https://ifilmthings.com/the-best-export-settings-for-premiere-pro/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I always use beginning and end markers. Hasn't helped in my instance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a workaround not a fix, it should be able to function just fine with Hardware Encoding enabled.

Adobe still has yet to actually resolve this issue and the lack of updates from any representative just reinforces their lack of interest in supporting their paying customers as far as I'm concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kazdave! Adobe definitely needs to fix this issue, but in the meantime, this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is still a workaround.. a fix would mean you can choose hardware encoding and it will export without issue.. which it should, but still nothing has come from Adobe indicating they have identified and fixed this issue so we will just continue to hurry up and wait 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wanted to report after having the same error. I am an Adobe novice and not even able to understand how to remove/update drivers. I messed around with this error for a while, and then changed in the export settings hardware to software. This solved the problem, when queued through media encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi changing from Hardward to software encoding still not working for me. 

Im using MAC, and AE 22.11 and ME 22.11

I was using lower version of both AE and ME also same error what gives? 

Error below:

--------------------

Writing to file:
Around timecode: 00:00:06:12
Rendering at offset: 4,240 seconds
Error code: -1609629695

------------

anybody has a better solution? this is a nightmare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. I actually ended up buying a Mac for editing. Adobe is insane. --
Best Regards,
Chip Ge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines