• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Fails and shuts down AME (Using Neat Video plugin)

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to export a wedding project with extensive use of the neat video plug-in, more specifically the noise remover due to the gain I used at the wedding.

The majority of the 1.5 hour video has this plug-in, and therefore rendering times are sitting at about 8 hours. But when I export to AME, it fails at different points.

At first, it would force my PC to restart and give a "memory management error" despite me allocating 26GB of my 32GB RAM, and having almost 1TB of space on the SSD I was exporting to. I decided to go into my Adobe cache files in AppData and clear the cache out, giving me about 30GB of C drive space, then restarting the export.

This seemed to solve the computer reset issue, but the encoding still fails. Last night it failed at about 80% of the way through, and tonight it failed again about half way through the ~8 hour estimate AME gives. I wasn't here to see the error, but when I came back to my PC the program had shut down and the video it produced just ends abruptly 1 hour in.

I've tried to find help on this one, but not getting anywhere fast, and I need to get this wedding video done.

Apparently, rending in Premiere first makes no difference. And using task manager during the export, I am using all my processing speed but only around 5.5GB of RAM, so I don't believe it is a RAM problem.

Normally my exports work fine, but this is the first time I've used this much of the neat video plug-in, so it's pushing rendering power hard. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size and how much free space in on the operating system drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently 42GB available in my C: drive which is a 500GB drive. Before the attempted export, it was at about 50GB free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LewisTiburon  wrote

Currently 42GB available in my C: drive which is a 500GB drive.

That is likely the problem.  The operating system needs more hard drive space for its use of temporary files, etc.

I would expect that you should have at least 100 GB available on the C drive as a minimum.  If its is a HDD and not an SSD, then it should also be less than 50% full for the best performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will try and find the space and retry. It is an internal SSD. In the meantime, I'm attempting an export of one chapter which is 24 mins long. Will update. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: The first chapter successfully exported.

I then tried the rest of the project, but it failed and Media Encoder shut down.

I then tried to render the remaining project clips in Premiere Pro, after which I would try the export again. But during the render in Premiere Pro, the program crashed and my PC reset suddenly, within minutes of the start of the rendering.

My C: still has 60GB of space. During the first clip's export, it used approximately 2GB of space, so surely the remaining 60GB is more than enough? At least enough to allow Premiere to render the clips within that, before even attempting an export.

Any ideas? I'm getting frustrated at this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LewisTiburon,

Sorry for the issue. I appreciate all the steps that you have done so far. I understand that the export crashes along with the application. Do not worry. I understand the frustration. If you are still facing the issue, I have a few suggestions:

Let's work as a team. I'm here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines