• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following error since CS6 when exporting some videos: Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

All my drives have plenty of space, NTFS 7200rpm, everything was fine with CS5.5. Same problem with Encoder or Premiere Pro.

Much of the stuff I export is going fine but I have this error with some sequences and formats.

It always crash to this error when exporting sequences with "Match Sequence Settings".

For one of my projects, when exporting to wmv, out of 6 sequences one always crash to Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

If I encode those sequences to mpeg2, everything is fine.

I installed the new update this morning but it doesn't help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  mentioned MPEG2 does not have this issue and WMV does have this issue. What other export formats have you tried that have or not have this problem.  Just for sake of narrowing down this issue, would you remove all effects you have applied to projects/sequences and try to export that project and see it the problem goes away?  Another test for WMV is to select a different Bitrate setting in Export Settings [Video tab]. Default is VBR, try selecting CBR and see if that solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I said about wmp is that 1 on 6, with the same settings, it don't works. I did some testing this morning  with a new 1 minute - no effects timeline from Canon XF 720p60. I tested wmp, mpeg2, "match sequence settings" and mp4. It alway crash at about 14%. That very bad because I have to export my video everyday for my job...

I tried with my old project with AVCHD and I'm still able to export to mpeg2 and 5 times on 6 in wmp. Changing the bitrate doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stucks between 8% and 14% in fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed that on the same project, it stucks 1% faster (7% vs 8% for exemple) if I don't encode the audio. If I encode only the audio, everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The part about AME incorrectly reporting that the disk was full sounds similar to a bug that we found late in the cycle and thought that we had fixed.

Are you encoding multiple outputs in parallel? If so, please try with the Enable Parallel Encoding option disabled in the Preferences dialog.

Is AME crashing or hanging, or is encoding failing but the app continues running and remains responsive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my previous response was written before I could read your last answer. I saw the problem with and without parralel encoding. I see it directly in PP when encoding.  Most of the time, PP et AME won't freeze after the error but it can happens. Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error popping up. My hard drives are formatted NTFS and have plenty of space. I'm working on APE 4.0. I tried encoding into an internal and external hard drive.

I'm trying to encode a 4:00 Film into .mpeg format. But the error 'Error compiling movie. Disk Full.' keeps popping up. If I encode into AVI it goes through.

I don't get this error... I want to encode into mpeg.

I sympathize with my friend and I would really like to resolve this issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue when I try and match sequence settings.  It runs for a few seconds then I hear that dreaded goat sound and it fails because the "disk is full" but I have about 80 gig left on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to come late to this party but i am experiencing a very similar issue, well at least i think i am.

I am using CS6 (creative cloud) on a mac and when using AME, I am getting constant disk full messages. this does not happen when exporting direct from prem pro (even when exporting to higher bit rate formats).

My media cache settings are correctly set to my scratch disk and not my system drive and so i just can't see what might might be causing this problem.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question for everyone. Are these project that have been created in earlier versions of Premiere and opened in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say no but i've just realised that i was passed the dailies with a synced project file from CS5.5.

So i've been using a converted version of that......

Would explain why i haven't seen that issue before hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my problems come from importing old projects. They are very strange and random and if I try and duplicate them I can't. Turn off the mercury playback engine (If your system is using it) use software only see if that helps.

Project / project settings / Render: mercury playback engine software only

I find this causes %90 of the stability issues in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this strange bug. This was an imported CS5.5 project the bug only happens when using secondary color correction with a blurred mask and pop in a non real-time effect. And only while using the mercury playback engine GPU acceleration. But if you clear the effects and recreate them the bug is gone. ( Strange right?)

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah that is strange. i am using the mecury playback engine and the video i have been struggling to output had a magic bullet looks effect on it. (and like i say was imported from 5.5).

My system disk is an SSD which is quite small so i thought that might be the issue but i definitely haven't had this problem before and as I said in my first post, i can output a higher quality file from prem pro with no problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok everyone I have been on the phone with Adobe about similar issues. They have rewritten the timeline code in CS6 and admit there are bugs when importing from older versions of premiere. I suggest you continue using the older versions of premiere with projects not created in CS6. They are working to fix the problems. But please call adobe and report the problems to their technical support team. If the problems are not reported they can’t fix them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler,

Please give me the case number for your interaction with Adobe Technical Support. I fear that you have may been given some bad information, and I need to check into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t feel it was bad just helpful I have had several problems when importing from older versions with effects being buggy mainly when using the GPU acceleration. I think his exact words were “we can’t deny your problem we will look into it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.  Whenever I try to "match sequence" I am told that my disk is full, even though it certainly is not.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having a similar problem. I have a 2 hour 20 minute XDCAM EX project, orignated in CS6, which I'm trying to export as MXF. I've tried deleting the render files and rendering without the GPU acceleration and AME still fails a few moments into the encode, with an 'unknown error' file. I've also tried splitting the project and exporting in two halves - still no luck. All of my work is XDCAM and I nearly always want to export my projects as MXF. So how am I supposed to complete anything when I can't export it? Please tell me that Adobe is going to sort this out very soon, as at the moment Premiere Pro is seeming like a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eajg: I recommend that you start a new thread about the issue you're encountering, and include as much of the info requested here as possible. Also, please file a bug report and attach your project to it--without any content at least to start with. You'll find that AME is not listed among the products, so set it against Premiere Pro.

You're on the right track in troubleshooting this by breaking the sequence down. In addition to cutting it in two by duration, I'd suggest simplifying both in terms of layers and effects, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem was caused by CD audio tracks which I had copied over from my Mac laptop and dropped them into the sequence (on a Z600) as AIFF files. Does that sound like that would be a likely cause to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this fixed, I just bought creative cloud today, and I am to experiencing the disk full issue, when I went to export, I just selected same as project, and it selected mpeg as the codec, which is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered same error when trying to export a shakey clip for offline processing in Mercalli SAL (Warp Stablizer does not work when No Motion is selected). AVCHD 1080p 60fps. 23 second clip. Error exporting clip. Disk full. Bogus msg; plenty of room on the disk. New install of CS6 Creative Cloud. No coming up from prior versions. And for all the talk about Direct Export as an option, I don't see it in the Export menu. Only choice is to go thru the AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started getting this problem too!

It is strange because it has just begun after my latest patch upgrade.

Whenever   trying to export from PPCS6 using match sequence settings it always says disc full even though there is 700GB available!

The encoder works with mp4, wmv etc ok, but as soon as I choose   'match sequence settings' it says disc full.

A few weeks ago all was fine, but now it fails all the time ... It is very infuriating as I use this setting OFTEN (well, that is until recently!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines