• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problem with light ray effect

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly , I sorry for my English in advance .

I am a newbie when come to After effect and media encoder - pretty much just learning via Youtube videos, I try to make some perfect loop gif and I have stumble upon this problems since yesterday . My gif via preview is just fine, both in AE and encoder but the problems is my export . I only touch on width and height options to make the gifs smaller (first time I do gif it weight up to 45 mb) , aside from that my only option is match source . Please help .

preview               /              export

2213.PNG      221.PNG

1111.PNG1233.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you want assistance with the image quality or the file size?

And you're saving an Animated GIF, correct?

An effect like CC Light Rays will look best with a higher color depth.  When you export as a GIF, you're reducing the color depth that you're working at in AE (probably 8 bits per channel, but AE support 16 bpc and 32 bpc) to 8 bits total or less (a GIF can be saved with as few colors as 2 and as many as 256).

Unfortunately, AME doesn't give us a lot of options that should be available when saving a GIF file as it's heavily slanted toward video file formats.

If anything, I'd recommend that you render your lighthouse animation at Best Settings / Lossless and then import the resulting file into Photoshop (keep the duration under 500 frames total as that's the maximum number for frames that PS supports in an Animated GIF).  Then choose File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy).  In the Photoshop Save for Web dialog box, you'll have complete control over all GIF options, allowing you to find the right balance of reducing the image size and the color depth to achieve the desired file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply - but I still have the problem with light ray and this time it show clearly in Photoshop review just like the export .img I post early

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines