• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video has 10x higher bitrate than selected (VBR, 1-pass)

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are my AME CC 2018 (12.1.1 | Build 12) settings. 0.30Mbps for 100 minutes (file size is the target). But my exported video has a bitrate of 2.9Mbps (and a 2.06GB file size to boot).

6nCEqwm.png9rulCkK.png

What has gone wrong here? Sure, VBR 2-pass would save me a few bits, but I can't fathom how this 10x size increase has happened. It should be 300kbps, not 3,000kbps. For peculiarities, I used hardware acceleration (QSV) and added a timecode. But besides that...this video is plain jane (recorded via OBS).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Found the answer: the "hardware accelerated" (Quick Sync Video) dribble: beyond worthless for lower bit rates. Switching to software only fixed it right up with the output bit rates actually matching the specified bit rates.

Hopefully this can help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even the minimum bitrate is still 2x the target. Has anyone experienced this issue?

xNqEdks.png

And, for what it's worth, I ran it again on a much smaller portion of the file (~5 seconds). It's still 10x the bitrate (and thus 10x the size).

DqVf0s0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the answer: the "hardware accelerated" (Quick Sync Video) dribble: beyond worthless for lower bit rates. Switching to software only fixed it right up with the output bit rates actually matching the specified bit rates.

Hopefully this can help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines