Everytime I compress/export a video longer than about 20min (estimated file size > ~1GB) either my Adobe program crashes, or my entire computer crashes (turns off without warning and reboots). It happens when I either encode/export directly from Premiere, or send the video to Media Encoder, and happens about 2-5min into the encoding process. It's a new problem (both programs were working fine until last week).
Some more info:
• 2017 MacBookLaptop running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
• GPU Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
• Premiere Pro v. 15.4.1 (build 6), Media Encoder v 15.4.1 (build 5)
• Error message recorded by in the "AMEEndcodingErrorLog" when it crashes the Adobe program but not my entire cpu:
" --------Encoding Time: 00:01:46 10/18/2021 09:25:58 PM : Encoding Failed --
Error compiling movie.
Error completing render.
Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: /Volumes/ [...I'll keep the file path hidden for now but can share it if it's needed]
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:11:23:11 - 00:11:23:20
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Error code: -2147483648
• There is also a much larger crash detail that pops up when my whole cpu crashes, I can include it if needed.
Some things I've tried already that haven't fixed the problem:
This problem has basically shut down the work I wanted to do this entire week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Copy link to clipboard
We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & checked if it's exporting properly? Also, have you used any plugin/effect around the timecode where it crashes?