Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting/Encoding Video Crashes My Computer

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Everytime I compress/export a video longer than about 20min (estimated file size > ~1GB) either my Adobe program crashes, or my entire computer crashes (turns off without warning and reboots). It happens when I either encode/export directly from Premiere, or send the video to Media Encoder, and happens about 2-5min into the encoding process. It's a new problem (both programs were working fine until last week).

Some more info:
• 2017 MacBookLaptop running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
• GPU Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
• Premiere Pro v. 15.4.1 (build 6), Media Encoder v 15.4.1 (build 5)

• Error message recorded by in the "AMEEndcodingErrorLog" when it crashes the Adobe program but not my entire cpu:
" --------Encoding Time: 00:01:46
10/18/2021 09:25:58 PM : Encoding Failed
--

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: /Volumes/     [...I'll keep the file path hidden for now but can share it if it's needed]

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:11:23:11 - 00:11:23:20

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -2147483648

"

• There is also a much larger crash detail that pops up when my whole cpu crashes, I can include it if needed.

Some things I've tried already that haven't fixed the problem:

• Updated Adobe programs
  • Tested multiple video resolutions and file types (for both the source and output settings).
  • Cleaned the Me and Pr Media Caches
  • Moved the project off an external hard drive to my cpu's HD (in case the external HD was the problem)

This problem has basically shut down the work I wanted to do this entire week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
J

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & checked if it's exporting properly? Also, have you used any plugin/effect around the timecode where it crashes?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines