• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gamma/Black Levels Shift

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that Media Encoder is now applying a pretty aggressive black level shift to all footage rendered.  If I render to TIFF from After Effects from a 32 bit composition it looks perfect.  If I just send to Media Encoder and look at the preview, the preview "Source" and "Output" both are much much darker.  Anyone else seeing this?

Simple solution, I think to myself, I'll just render out an uncompressed Animation Quicktime and load that into media encoder.  Same thing.  Big black level shift.  Has ME 2017 broken color consistency?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Ok. I found *one* way around it.   Animation Quicktime -> Darkens.   Uncompressed AVI -> Remains constant.   So render from AE -> AVI Uncompressed -> Mp4 results in consistent color between AE and the final deliverable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. I found *one* way around it.   Animation Quicktime -> Darkens.   Uncompressed AVI -> Remains constant.   So render from AE -> AVI Uncompressed -> Mp4 results in consistent color between AE and the final deliverable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines