• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU is being used 0% for Video Encoding

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encoding a 9 min 13 sec After Effects composition in H.264 format at 1080p30 with Hardware Encoding [Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)] enabled, taking more than 10 hours to render. The GPU is using 0% for video encoding and the CPU is being used more than 75%. The same happens when I render/export something from Premiere Pro or After Effects.

screenshot_20210805_233608.png

Is it normal?

Note: I've used some heavy effects like CC Light Burst 2.5, Glow, and 4-Color Gradient in the composition.

Configurations:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

RAM: 16 GB

Pr, Ae, Me version: 2021

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand this is not an expected performance. Also, we appreciate this detailed post.

Since, this is a Windows 11 computer, I'll need to gather more details about the support/compatibility boundaries between the application and the OS.

I'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
it has nothing to do with his PC...

It's Adobe that, year after year, version after version, becomes worse and worse with the hardware at its disposal:

it is now necessary, if you want to get 50i, to configure an export in H264 only in "CPU only" while it was available in GPU in older versions like 2017-2018...

We have to stop pretending and admit the reality ... This application has lost a lot of its performance, efficiency and therefore interest today because it is poorly built, poorly thought and poorly managed.

Try to put some timecode in an H264 !
Try to put mono multi-audio in an H264!
Try today to put 50i in an H264!

Use it differently than the few millions of Internet users who just publish on YouTube and you will understand that it is not adapted to the more professional uses of sharing, exchange and vision.

I'm sorry to have to say this but it's a very sad and painful reality to live with because we don't have any other integrated solutions to do this kind of export (except to "tinker" with FFMPG for example).

It's a pity because we like the concept of integration of the different products which unfortunately lose their magic with each version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines