• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

h.264 video keeps exporting with green flashes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video I can't seem to export without some serious green flashes going on the screen after exporting. This is the fifth day I'm having this issue and I'm slowly losing my mind. What I've tried so far:

• changed premiere pro preferences from memory to performance (and back again cause this didnt help)
  • turned off accelerated h.264 decoding
  • changed rendered to software only (this solved the problem on an earlier video but not on this one for some reason) - after this i exported a shorter clip from my video and it seemed to work just fine, however, when i tried to export the whole video (which is less than 2 min) the green flashes were back again
  • closed programs, deleted media encoder and installed again
  • closed and restarted my computer

in between trying to figure this mess out i've been able to export two different videos without any issues, but with this one it just won't work - could it be a project related issue then? When i view the video on premiere pro, no media is missing and it looks exactly how i want it to look. The problems come only after exporting.

PLUS I can't make changes to pc hardware (update gpu or make changes to anything) cause i'm using a work laptop and have no admin rights atm. So if there are any other solutions out there I haven't tried yet, I would love to hear them. I NEED to get this video exported and looking good TODAY.

some specs:
- Dell pc with windows 10

- Intel UHD graphics 620

- both premiere pro and media encoder are updated to version 14.7

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: was aple to update my drivers but seems they are already up to date. Also checked that the software only renderer is chosen in prepro in tthe project settings, not just in media encoder. Still get green flashes on the video. Anyone? Pls? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings of the source clip?  Some source footage can fall apart even though it plays fine prior to encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Warren! The problem seemed to be in the source file and the fact that after effects (which i used to add a filter to the video) doesn't support mp4 that well. At least that's how i understood it. I solved the problem by: picking only the mp4 video content i had edited with premiere pro → put it to media encoder and exported that as WMV format → once ready, imported it back into my prepro project → made a new sequence → added the wmv video and all the other stuff i needed which i just copy pasted from the earlier sequence -> replaced the video with after effects composition to add the filter → save → exported the content in the new sequence as i would normally, so as MP4 and with software only rendering and it worked! So had to kind of rework the video and add some filters again but i'm just happy this worked and now i know to try this in the future if nothing else is working 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MP4 is a delivery format, not a source format.  1st generation MP4 files tend to pass as source formats, but it's not a best practice.

WMV is also a delivery format, but - like MP4 - sometimes delivery formats work in place of source formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines