• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H264 mpg whites look more grey than prores .mov

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a long video edit which has a lot of graphics on white backgrounds.

When exporting videos I get into the habit of using maximum colour depth and use maximum rendering quality.  With a very long video, I often bring the target rate down to 4. 

However, when I use the maximum colour depth option, the whites are becoming much more grey, than the prores in the final mpg. I checked the whites in after-effects with the pipette of the original footage and it looks like solid white. (As I have found that if there is a bit of colour, even 1% it can be re-interpreted as grey. However, this is not the case)

I am not sure why this is happening, is there anything else which might cause this issue?

Thank you 

Best regards

Julian

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be happening in media encoder 2020 only. Rolling back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No reply from any admin, but just reverted to media encoder 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines