• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP Getting Sporadic Blurry Splotches during HEVC Encoding

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum!  Hoping someone has encountered this issue and knows a tweak.  

I have attached video-stills showing examples of the problem.

I have recently acquired a 2020 iMac with the 8-Core 3.8ghz i7 "10th Generation" chip and the Radeon 5500XT 8GB Graphics Card.  And I have also tested a 2020 iMac with i9 Chip and Radeon 5700XT 16GB Graphics Card and it had the same issue.  In fact I downgraded to the i7 because of this issue that I was having with the i9 thinking maybe the i9 was somehow the cause.

The computer that has been my main workhorse for a couple years is a 2017 iMac with the 4.2Ghz i7 processor and Radeon Pro 580 8GB Graphics Card.  I call it "JP2" and it does NOT have this problem.

Only the 2020 iMacs I have tested have this problem and I have tried many different things to attempt to make the problem go away.  By the way both 2020 iMacs encoded footage WAY faster than my maxxed out 2017 iMac.   h264 1080p footage encodes about 3X faster.

What is going on is when I encode to HEVC from any mp4 source be it h264 or h265 / HEVC the finished clip has frequent splotches of blurriness.  It comes and goes often and not in the same places.  Some frames will be just fine and other fames will be icky.  The footage created is not usable because of this.  

Rendering in h264 on the new computer is just fine No problems at all I only experience the problem with HEVC / H265 encoding.

Hoping someone has had something similar or has some suggestions?  Is there just a flaw in the 2020 iMac that makes Adobe Media Encoder not render HEVC Properly?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update...  I have determined that choosing "Software Encoding" in Adobe Media Encoding causes this problem to go away.  Rendering takes longer but the output is just as clear as the source file in this case.

So by this I believe that the problem lies somehow with Encoding using the GPU.

Would love if anyone has any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines