• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEVC (H265) Interlaced Video Encoding

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that since the beginning of h265 support in AME, it's impossible to encode interlaced data content ; the field order choice isn't available, and my tests using profiles "same as source" always deinterlaced the video. I've asked support but all the people I talked to couldn't answer me.

Has anyone manage to do it anyway ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC spec doesn't support interlacing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that HEVC can't encode interlaced video, but I've read that there was one way to encode interlaced video as progressive with metadata telling it's interlaced (Frome Gary J Sullivan, IEEE :

"Video material to be encoded by HEVC is generally expected to be input as progressive scan imagery (either due to the source video originating in that format or resulting from deinterlacing prior to encoding). No explicit coding features are present in the HEVC design to support the use of interlaced scanning, as interlaced scanning is no longer used for displays and is becoming substantially less common for distribution. However, a metadata syntax has been provided in HEVC to allow an encoder to indicate that interlace-scanned video has been sent by coding each field (i.e., the even or odd numbered lines of each video frame) of interlaced video as a separate picture or that it has been sent by coding each interlaced frame as an HEVC coded picture. This provides an efficient method of coding interlaced video without burdening decoders with a need to support a special decoding process for it. "

And that's what I'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your H.265 export going - where/how is it intended to be viewed?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This H.265 export would be used to store lot of video archives, most of them was shot as interlaced video, we don't want to lose video depth de-interlacing it. Because using AME going from interlaced to progressive is good for internet purpose, but it does lose data. It's intended to be viewed on video screen, and maybe internet.

F.V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is another encoder that can do that?

Do you have an example of such file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With ffmpeg :

ffmpeg -i video_sample.mov -c:v libx265 -b:v 5M -x265-params interlaced=tff ~/Desktop/file_out.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course HEVC suppurts interlacing, moreover it has so much more different variants of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines