• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hevc

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wy have ADOBE so many different Rendering Tools?

I want to render a hevc BT.2020 HDR File in the Media Encoder,

but the ADOBE Media Encoder say, he have not the codec.

Than i try the same with premiere.

There i can render a hevc File, but it is slow.

Wy have ADOBE only slow renderer and for all tools a different Renderer.

I think one performant renderer ist better than 3 bat renderer.

But ADOBE have no pleasure to make a good GPU Renderer.

They talk over years about a new renerder, but nothing

How is the Produkt Manager from the Media Encoder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC (H.265) will be markedly slower to export than any other option.  It's a very computationally heavy codec.  This is normal.

If you Queue your export from Premiere Pro into Adobe Media Encoder, it will make HEVC available there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes HEVC need a lot of power!

I know this.

But my SuperMicro have a lot of power,

and i can render with other software faster.

I think a software company looks like ADOBE,

where i pay every year money, must have a very good renderer.

But ADOBE have no good renderer in AE, Media Encoder and Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this dudes English may be a little lax, he’s absolutely accurate on AME and it’s lengthy renders  with lackluster results.  HEVC,  while barely taking longer than  h.264 in either da Vinci resolve 15 and/or apple compressor (most recent), provides estimated wait times from AME spanning days. Seriously, maybe five minutes worth of encoding time for one minute of footage using either NON-Adobe platform, compared to estimated wait times from AME renders spanning days.

Seriously, maybe five minutes worth of encoding time for one minute of footage using either NON-Adobe option — by contrast, in media encoder my computer is running louder than a lawn mower and it’s something like 72 hours eat. Encoding time.

To echo what my new friend said, can anyone confirm if there is a product manager position for Adobe media encoder?  That seems to require less management than an inexpensive, one-time but or free competitor suite both of which provide a higher quality, faster encoding experience and can actually upload the end-file to Vimeo every time — a task that AME has struggled with since Vimeo made it possible.

Well, since Adobe is making it rain at ~$70/user I’m sure beating the competition is “top of mind” so looking forward to 6-9 months from now when AME is back to average and HEVC completes in <6 hours and we can revisit this topic early 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MOEG,

that ADOBE Media Encoder, and all other ADOBE Product's render slowley is a concept!

It's a concept from the ADOBE managment!

So, how longer you render

so longer you need the ADOBE Software,

so longer we (the ADOBE customer Group) can or must pay.

Its a greate idea from a greate Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines