• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hey Media Encoder...why so slow?

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason why the application takes so long to start up? I mean we have MacPros 2019 with multiple processors and 96gigs of RAM. But AME is the slowest app to open out of all the Adobe apps. Always has been. Is there something I'm missing? Why so slow?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much slower is it than launching Premiere or After Effects? It does take a long time, but it's not that much slower (if at all) for me than the others. Multiple processors and gobs of RAM likely aren't going to help anyway with something like application startup time. If you open your Activity Monitor you wouldn't see either of those reporting high utilization.

The biggest thing contributing to launch times for the video and audio apps are loading plug-ins and initializing Mediacore, the media engine which contains all the format support. Audition used to startup lighting quick, but once Mediacore was hooked in (which was around the time Audition could work with Premiere project files), startup times dropped dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines