• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i achieve lossless conversion from MTS to MP4, without loosing MPE GPU Acceleration (CUDA)?

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Am new to AME 2024. Aim is to convert a truckload of MTS 1920x1080p60 28Mbps H.264/AVCHD MPEG-4 Part 10 lossless to MP4 1920x1080p60 28Mbps H.264 MPEG-4 Part 14 so keywords can later be added to the clips and edited in APP 2024. Audio tab: AAC 48kHz. Some clips are 2-, some 6-channel audio. Edits and effects not needed: eg color, nits, key frames, etc. Seems to be no plain and simple Preset for what i want. So, i made one: Video tab: Match Source everything. Don't understand how to choose a Target Bitrate so i guessed it's the same as the Max (28Mbps as per camera manual). 2-Pass VBR. Time interpolation: Optical Flow. Audio tab: 320kbps bitrate (AME's choice, not mine). Renderer: hardware. But when the preset is dropped on an MTS file, it switches to software, but doesn't identify what tipped the scale! Or in a test, converted MTS to M4V without asking! Any suggestions regarding the custom user preset settings to make it work the way needed with hardware acceleration? If it helps, my setup is: Dell Vostro 7500 Win10 Pro64, gen10 i7, 16GB RAM + 16GB virtual ram on a 1TB SSD, and a GTX1650Ti. Connected via USB3 to 18TB Fantom HDD, and to a 43inch Sony TV. Have no intention to run other apps while converting MTS to MP4. Thanks a whole bunch!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MTS isn't supported by hardware decoding: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html 

Scroll down to "Hardware-accelerated Decoding support > Supported codec platforms" to read a little more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines