• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you Batch Load image sequences

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a good number of still sequences that need to be encoded. Right now I'm dragging them from their respective individual folders into the queue one at a time. Is there a faster way to get them into the queue basket?

TOPICS
Export or render , Import , Performance , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have all of your images in the same folder and they all have different naming schemes (which seems likely) then you can do this. Select all of the images in the Import dialog, and the "[Format] File Sequence" checkbox you saw before turns into "Multiple Sequences." Check this box, then you'll be able to import multiple sequences in one go. After you your encoding is finished you can go back into Explorer or Finder and hit Undo a few times to move everything back to their respective folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not in the same folder as they are image sequences. So
different, individual folders.
--
Sent from my Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I don't know if it is still important to you, but I came across the same question and found the answer. 
You do it like Davidarbor suggested, but instead of moving files you simple search for .png in the windows search bar and wait until it is finished searching. Then you simple select everything with shiftclick and media encoder shows the same "multiple sequences" prompt. So, no moving of files, but batch rendering everything at once 🙂 
hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for double posting. Haven't seen the other answer from davidarbor, which is practically the same as mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but this is something of a workaround. I was suggesting that you move all of your images into one folder, perform the steps I mentioned, then go back into Explorer/Finder and Undo to get all the images into their respective folders.

I'll usually do this by going into the top-level folder with all of my image sequence folders, searching for .exr or whatever my format is, dragging those search results into a new folder, then doing what I suggested in AME. It's not ideal, but it does work.

Alternatively, you could batch load your sequences into After Effects by dragging all the folders into the Project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines