• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add subtitles to Media Encoder?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an MXF file. I'm trying to output as two video files: .mov and .mp4. I also have a .SCC file that has the subtitles that I'm trying to use.

When I go into Media Encoder and drop the .scc file, it adds it as a new source instead of adding it to both video files. How can I use Media Encoder to add the .scc file to both the .mov and .mp4 files?

TOPICS
Export or render , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Premiere Pro to add a subtitles track to a video or you can use FFMPEG to embed subtitles directly in your file. I've only done this with SRTs into MP4s, so I can't confirm what other formats work, but this is the FFMPEG command (assuming you have ffmpeg installed as a command line tool): 

ffmpeg -i infile.mp4 -i infile.srt -c copy -c:s mov_text outfile.mp4

More information where I originally found this command at this Stack Overflow thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Did you try the suggestion given by the expert above?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines