Exit

How to install Adobe Media Encoder as a Windows Service

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In third-party application's documentation i found next sentences :

"Starting with AME 11.1.2.35, the Adobe Media Encoder can be installed as a Windows Service. This service should be running at all times on the central AME machine. See Adobe documentation on how to install Adobe Media Encoder as a Windows service."

But i couldn't find any information about it.

How i can do it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

Thanks for writing in. I have not heard of installing AME as a Windows service application. I'll check with my resources to see if it is possible. Could you share the third party link where you saw the documentation?

We'll stand by!

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not possible to run AME as a service? 😞 i wanted to create a Server to automaticly convert any video files to a specific file... its for our company, but i cant always login an start the application first to trigger the render proccess.

Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you set up watch folders and have AME run on system start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It exists as a service already, go to Services on Windows. Change from Manual to delayed startup if using a cloud solution.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines