• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 32GB, but there is no improvement in encoding speed

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using media encoder for a while now.

I initally had 8GB memory on my laptop, which houses a 4 physical core (8 logical ) core CPU.

I usually encode videos at 4k resolution for uploading to Youtube.

I recently opened up my laptop to upgrade to 32GB RAM.  It has made my system more fast, when using Adobe Apps.

However, I see no speed up in the encoding of my videos.   I have a 13 minute video currenly beinfgencoded at 4K,  It says the estimated time is going to be 7 hours.

I opened up my Resource Manager, and I see the system is only using 49% of the CPU, and only  47% of the memory, and 3% of the disk while the encode is going on.

There seems to be a lot of horsepower in the machine that is going under-utilized while encoding with Adobe Media Encoder,, what should I do to get maximum resources to be used solely for encoding.

Additional info:

I have CUDA enabled GPU, with the latest NVIDIA drivers,  my GFX discreet GPU is GTX Geforce 1050.

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am currently exporting all my work as PNG/WAV sequence and then running an encode on it.

This seems to have cut down the total time for all my projects from 8-10 hours to around 1.5 hours.

This has been my trick to getting things encoded faster.  The only trade-off is 10-20GB size folders. But that seems like a small trade-off for the speed increase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines