• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anyway to get back my old copy of Media Encoder?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other day I decided I wanted to try the trial version of Adobe Animate. I downloaded the program; however unbenounced to me while the program downloaded it updated my version of Media Encoder from 12.1 to 15.2. Needless to say, I was running Adobe Media Encoder 2018 which worked with After Effects 2018 and Premiere 2018. I have many presets, plugins, templates, and more settings saved to After Effects 2018. I DO NOT want to update to the newer version of After Effects and go through this whole headache process of manually reinstalling, and migrating over files from my previous version to the new one.

Is there any way possible to get back the old version of Media Encoder that I had installed? I think it was 12.1.

I find this extremely frustrating, as I didn’t even know downloading Animate would erase Media Encoder and update it. Not to mention the fact Adobe doesn’t allow us to go back and get specific versions of Media Encoder, only back one year or so. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s had this happen to them, what a pain in the butt. I also find it interesting that Adobe allows you to go back and grab versions of old programs from CS5.5 and CS6 but nothing with-in the range from say 2013 to essentially 2019/2020. 

What's even worse is that version 14.0 or any current version of Media Encoder doesn't recognize older After Effect files. Which I find completely bizarre. Adobe programs, from as far as I can remember, have always had backwards compatibility, but now Media Encoder doesn't? It's ridiculous.

What a nightmare... Please help.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Windows, try System Restore.

If Mac, try Time Machune.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I checked, and I don't have a restore point on the 24th or prior. I downloded and installed Animate on the 25th and that is when Media Encoder auto-updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Called Adobe. They assisted me. This link provides all CC 2018 apps:
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines