• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest AME update has stopped using GPU

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encode about 10 hours of ProRes 422 LT 1080p30 video to H.265 files.   Before the latest update, this was taking me about 10-12 minutes per hour of video to encode.  After the latest update, my computer now takes 70+ minutes per hour.

Is there a way to revert back to the old version?  What can I do to help Adobe figure out the change?  This type of performance is killing my productivity.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions?  I'm having to completely delay my daily encoding tasks to overnight because of the crazy poor performance.  It used to be so fast....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up re-installing the graphics drivers and it fixed the issue.  I'm not sure why an Adobe update would force the need to reinstall the drivers, but it did.  Hopefully this response will help someone with a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines