• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lossless transoding Canon R5 8K raw material with Media Encoder

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to transcode lossless Canon R5 8K raw material (.crm) with Media Encoder to work in Premiere Pro?

TOPICS
Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph,

We appreciate you writing in. Do you wish create proxy files for editing in Premiere Pro?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi -  It looks like Ross man have found his answer but I have the same question.

I would like to transcode my Canon EOS R5 8k Raw files to Prores RAw to make it faster to edit on my Macbook Pro with the M1 Max chip.  Can I do this on Media Encoder. I don't need it to be proxy files since there is no need to keep the original Canon files after I transcode to Prores Raw. 

I'd appreciate your input. 

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I want to create another file (lossless) and in a second step create a Proxy file for editing. In the past I had difficulties when I created directly from the CRM 8K file a proxy file in Premiere. Premiere had problems to export a sequenz when relinked to the original CRM file. So I thought it would be the best to create from the crm file a prores file without loosing any information (for later color grading).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this ever been resolved?  I'm having the same issue... super slow render speeds on sequences containing .CRM clips.  It's debilatating because I can't even efficiently create proxies either without getting the same slow speeds with Media Encoder.  I've moved the same sequence over to Resolve and it rendered at expected speeds (real-time).  Sequence contained no effects.  Any thoughts or solutions out there?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines