• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low hardware usage when rendering, but it's worse

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also posted on the Premiere Pro forum, but I'm also posting here juust to be sure.

There are a fair amount of posts about this similar problem, but literally none of them have a solid answer or just say "it's your hardware." The thing is that my hardware's been rendering fine with high usage for the last few months up until within the past week, where since then, it's been hovering at around 10% CPU/GPU usage while rendering a 1080p60fps h.264 file with either hardware or software encoding (tested both, same results), so I have no reason not to believe that it's a software thing, but that never seems to be brought up in these threads. 

I've tested rendering with multiple projects, from effects-heavy sequences, to just raw footage, while switching between software/hardware encoding, and I've only ever gotten low usage % on all of these, only using 1 core on my CPU and using almost nothing for my GPU.

usage.pngcpu.pnggpu.png

I'm using Media Encoder and Premiere Pro v14.5. I have a Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2060 Super, and 32gb DDR4.

I've updated my drivers already, I've restarted Premiere as well as my PC multiple times, and I've even attempted rendering in Media Encoder, which gives me the exact same issue of low CPU usage. I've even set both of their priorities to High and affinities to All Processors in the Task Manager, neither of which have really affected the usage %.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to somehow force Media Encoder and/or Premiere to use more power on my hardware, or any solution that'd fix this, that'd be super appreciated

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Just had to downgrade versions, down to v14.4 instead of v14.5. Whatever this new version did, sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to downgrade versions, down to v14.4 instead of v14.5. Whatever this new version did, sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

both Media Encoder and Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines