• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 12.1: custom lut is broken

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in 12.1 (171), in the "effects" tab on the "export settings" window, when "lumetri look/lut" is checked, I can't choose "select" from the drop down menu. when I click it, nothing happens. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and very annoying =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Not working on 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, not working on 13.1.  HELLO ADOBE!!!  IS ANYBODY THERE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that LUT's are one of the most annoying things I have had to deal with since our TV production company started using Premiere / Encoder back in 2014. There always seems to be issues with the user interface with them. Anyway I got a fix for this stupid issue which works at least with Media Encoder 2019 / Versio 13.1.3 (Build 45).

So the problem seems to be in the User Interface of Media Encoder. When you enable Lumetri Look / LUT in the Effects window and from the dropdown menu click Select and tell Media Encoder where your LUT is located it just shows Applied LUT as None. But the thing is that IF you actually have a working LUT (I have tested this with .cube LUT) it does apply it, only the user interface shows it as None.

Here is what you can do:

1. Create a new user preset.

2. Apply the LUT by going to Effects --> Lumetri Look / LUT --> Select.

3. The LUT will look like "Applied: None" but it is actually working.

4. Save the preset.

5. Apply it to all the clips that need to be transcoded. They all transcode with applied LUT even though it says that there is no LUT applied.

I just tested this with few different clips and LUTs. It is awfully confusing but at least it works.

Gotta say that I absolutely hate having to come up with these kind of random fixes to known issues that dont seem to get fixed. Adobe, come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's October of 2019 and I'm still having this issue in ME v13.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now 2021 and this issue has not been fixed. I can access the LUT files by choosing select and they do render, but currenlty I can only see the files that start with SL in the drop down menu that are in the Media Encoder  in the creative folder there are other LUT files there but they add when selected and just say none. Nothihg from the Techincal or folder or legacy folder appear in the list either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that LUT's are one of the most annoying things I have had to deal with since our TV production company started using Premiere / Encoder back in 2014. There always seems to be issues with the user interface with them. Anyway I got a fix for this stupid issue which works at least with Media Encoder 2019 / Versio 13.1.3 (Build 45).

So the problem seems to be in the User Interface of Media Encoder. When you enable Lumetri Look / LUT in the Effects window and from the dropdown menu click Select and tell Media Encoder where your LUT is located it just shows Applied LUT as None. But the thing is that IF you actually have a working LUT (I have tested this with .cube LUT) it does apply it, only the user interface shows it as None.

Here is what you can do:

1. Create a new user preset.

2. Apply the LUT by going to Effects --> Lumetri Look / LUT --> Select.

3. The LUT will look like "Applied: None" but it is actually working.

4. Save the preset.

5. Apply it to all the clips that need to be transcoded. They all transcode with applied LUT even though it says that there is no LUT applied.

I just tested this with few different clips and LUTs. It is awfully confusing but at least it works.

Gotta say that I absolutely hate having to come up with these kind of random fixes to known issues that dont seem to get fixed. Adobe, come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you say is true (vs 13.1.5 - build 35). In fact you only see the .itx files, and when you load a .cube or .look it doesn't seem to be loaded. However the .cube or .look files are not interpreted in the same way as Premiere giving a different result. So I haven't found a way to use LUT correctly in AME .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. After selecting my LUT AME still said "Applied: None" like it hadn't taken but when transcoded the LUT is there. Thanks for your instructions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's 2021, and media encoder is still borken with this LUT situation, but I have also found that selecting the .cube file manually in the Lumetri menu does export with the lut even though it appears like the selection didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, 

As of 2022 this is still not fixed.

The LUT is applied but it shows as NONE. I can live with that but is there a filed BUG complaint about this where we can vote? 

Writing on the forums doesn't solve anything as the devs are not looking here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines