• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 15.2 dynamic link not working very well

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dynamic link between After Effects and AME seems not to work.

When I export a file from Ae (Export/Add to Media Encoder Queue) Ae opens but nothing I added to the queue even after 30mins. This isn't right.

The iMac is only 2 months old (i7, 72GB, 8GB GPU) running BIG Sur, so it's not a spec issue.

I've tried holding shift when starting Ae to clear prefs

I started AME first and then opened Ae 

I restarted the iMac

I've waited 20mins

The only thing that seems to work is if I uninstall the program and re-install and then leave AME open all day.

Surely there is a better way? Any advice would be appreciated.

David

TOPICS
Download and install , Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Media Encoder Fixed

I've now found the answer myself. When I first installed the Creative Cloud I must have been asked to allow AEServer control of my computer (must have missed it).

This can be found here...

System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy Tab /Accessibilty

Unlock the settings and switch on AEServer in the options.

All working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a file from Ae (Export/Add to Media Encoder Queue) Ae opens

By @DMAdezign

Do you mean AME opens? Can you try the following:

Exit AE and AME.

Open AE.

Open AME separately.

Once both are up and running, open your project in AE and then export/add to AME queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, sorry I meant AME opens,

I've tried all the different ways of opening the programs and the files and resetting the prefs, the only way to get the queue running is to uninstall the program and delete prefs at the prompt and reinstall again.  

When I send the Ae file to AME the AME window pops up to the front but nothing is ever ingested even after 30mins.

Thanks for the advice

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder Fixed

I've now found the answer myself. When I first installed the Creative Cloud I must have been asked to allow AEServer control of my computer (must have missed it).

This can be found here...

System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy Tab /Accessibilty

Unlock the settings and switch on AEServer in the options.

All working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great find! Glad it's working for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update has the dynamic link broken again. After I went back into Preferences and switch AEServer back on, it still doesn't work. Media Encoder keeps saying connecting and never start the render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Was the project created on the latest version?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, After Effects 2021 Version 18.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry to hear your still having issues. 

Have you tried any of the other fixes to get round this issue.

A.

Exit AE and AME.

Open AE.

Open AME separately.

Once both are up and running, open your project in AE and then export/add to AME queue.

B.

Holding down shift when starting Ae to clear prefs

C. 

Not sure if you are able to try the project on a different machine, the reason I mention this is because I created the project at work and spent hours trying to get it to render, once I went home and tried it there it worked straight away. So what ever was blocking my work machine wasn't turned off or on at home. The other way you can check if it's the file, is to create a new project animation (just a simple one) and try and render it, if it works then you know it's the file and not the render queue.

D. 

Last resort, I also decided to down load the creative cloud cleaner and remove any Ae preference from older versions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just add to a little context about the creative cloud cleaner tool, you don't need to clean or remove every app.

Using the app, uninstall & "clean" out AME and Ae, then reboot the computer. Using the CC Desktop app, download/install a fresh copy of AME.Sometimes the apps lose track of each other due to corruption or something, and this might...

Ta

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the work around tips. I've tried them all as described above and still not working.

The problem is on my iMac, so I tried it on a Windows PC and there was no problem. So I don't think it's the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I spent a fews hours trying to sort render my project.

Like I mentioned above, I'd previously created the file in a earlier version of Ae and then the app updated halfway through the project. When I came to render on the same machine it wouldn't work, so I took it home, it rendered straight away. 

When I went back into work I created a new file/animation (just a simple, to test) it rendered straight away. I just made the assumption that the project file had the issue not the software since Ae had been updated halfway through the project.

Have you tried to create a new project?

I was like you, frustrated for hours, even days. 😞  Not really had the same issue since.

Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

@Infas5C11  makes a great comment, it's not an ideal workflow, but it's a great workaround.

Try exporting a Quicktime MOV file from Ae render (built-in render engine) and then add it to the AME queue to convert it to an MP4.

It's not ideal for efficiency, but I also did that for a while until I realised that it was the file that had the issue, not the machine.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you'd know the path for PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm not 100% sure where you would find this on a PC.

Have you checked your security settings in the control panel?

Don't think there is AeServer on a PC.

I would just like to add, all the work arounds I've added are for Mac. 😞 

Ta

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd take a moment to say that ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER SUCKS! like what the heck, how complicated and glitchy does a codec batch processing addon need to be? like seriously! I've been trying to add to queue from AE for the past serveral minutes and have had enough so I'm exporting an Quicktime MOV file from AE render built-in render engine and trying to add it to the media encoder queue to convert it to an MP4.

Hope the OP gets it sorted, but man, this workflow and ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER SUCKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you. I'm always having issue with the two apps working and it's after HOURS.... of reading thru posts... So frustrating that Adobe can't figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines