• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 just stops mid export!

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder 2020 will not stop hanging on exports, not freezing, just stopping usually about a third of the way through. Both myself and my colleague on our two seperate machines are running into this issue on almost every export we send to Media Encoder.

We have been trying to export 15 short graphics based videos built in after effects, nothing particularly strenuous. Have spent the last few months rendering the same style videos through Media Encoder 2019 without any issues. As soon as we updated, the problems began!

It seems to freeze whenever you go to touch Media Encoder, After Effects or Premiere once the render has been started. I've been using this for years and I would like to think I'm fairly good at troubleshooting but everything I try doesnt fix it. Ive had to resort to rendering straight out of After Effects and then re-rendering straight out of Premiere.

If anyone knows how you would go about sorting the issue out and getting Media Encoder Working again, please send some help my way. This is making my job near enough impossible especially with looming deadlines.

System Specs:

i7-8550U 1.8GHz

8GB

64-bit Windows 10

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

This is what I was able to get to work for me. Your mileage may vary. When my Media Encoder would stop rendering I would click the "pause" button to pause the rendering operation that had stopped anyway. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager. Under "Background Processes" you'll see Adobe After Effects. Click on it and then click "End task". AE will come right back up but it will be at much lower memory use. Un-pause your render job in ME and after a few seconds it should start going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked, but it is literally,.... the stupidest glitch ever. Frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also try disabling Adobe encoder CC - Edit - Preferences and disabling "enable Parallel enocding"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally! ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY!  It worked for me too!  Went down to background services, end task on After Effects.. my Media player (though still slow) started to render again.  GOTTA LOVE THE INTERNET   TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by just installing After Effects 2019. Everything that came later than that version can go away forever for me.
Renderings now are 20 ways faster.

[Abuse and profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me! Though I had to pause, play, pause, play along with closing AE three times to get past its hiccup. Rendering was stalled at the beginning for me instead of the end. *Most up to date Adobe apps as of this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines