Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2022 not able to create Dynamic link or complete renders

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 
So I recently upgraded to the latest version of CC and I am trying to render a project via Media Encoder as a H.264 file and the program is struggling to make the dynamic link to the project. If and when it finally does, the render freezes. 

I have deleted and customised momory and cache. I've restarted the computer. Checked that all apps were upgraded and the problem still prevails. I did manage to render the composition as an .mov in the native rendering system of After effects, but its not nearly as seemless as using ME. 

Would love any further assistance. I work on an iMac 2016 model. 32GB memory. Quad Core. Graphics 

AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...last version don't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on mac (Intel) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, seems AE and Media encoder arent talking to eachother (Mac). I try File > Export > Add to media encoder queue and nothing comes up in AME. I then tried with earlier versions of AME and still nothing showing. Really need some sort of workaround or solution here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out yesterday, that some of Apple's OS security features breaks the links between AE, AME and Premiere, particularly for Dynamic Links and tasks like queuing projects for rendering in AME.

Here's something for you to try, this has worked for me and others....

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab

Scroll down to a folder called "Full Disk Access" > Click the padlock and enter your user password

Now use the "+" button to add AE / AME / Premiere Pro to this list.

Do the same to the folder called "Files and Folders"

After this restart your Mac and **it should** be working fine, connections will work etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the new updates not intended to patch 'memory leak' security flaws? If so to reverse this would seem counter intuitive from a security perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply! 
I haven't tried this, so I will give it a go and report back. I had a feeling it might have something to do with apples security. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me (by now) 
I just rendered 5 Videos without any freezes or other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me. Be sure to add all your adobe applications to the list, save everything and give the Mac a full restart. Cheers James !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually still not. Video added to AME, but 15 sec 60fps freezed on 2 secs and now only "Connecting to project..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. It worked 2 times but then freezes again on "connecting to project"...

and it was the same project!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain, when you have got projects and deadlines that need completing its the last thing you want.

If it's freezing on "connecting to project" then it points to the Apple security thing. 

For me, it also rendered a couple of times initially and then froze. I quit everything and repeated the process again, going into System Prefs > Security yadder yadder, I unchecked and then re-checked AE, Prem and AME and then restarted. It has worked perfectly fine since (touches wood).

I can only suggest trying this again, if you don't get any joy then reach out to Adobe support via the Live Chat.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for me – thanks a lot, saved my butt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution for PC's? All I see are Mac solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, not rendering H264, but rendering ProRes. This same thing happened with the 2019 version of Media Encoder, so I'm surprised that Adobe wasn't prepared for this. I believe it is a security issue on Mac as @WeAreFizz suggests. But too busy to try it out. Meanwhile, I rendered directly out of AE and it was lightning fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Giving AE/AME "full disk access" did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issues here
Having tried algo on helpx thread and into this thread. It has worked for me all the time, but since last update it canot work. Only after a restart it starts to render, but if you try to change settings it will freeze out the same. If you try to use a different preset the same.
it´s really frustrating, impossible to process work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution?! I cant work without media encoder!

M1 Macbook Air

Latest versions of all

After CMD+OPT+M AME opens but its empty.

Adding comp from AME folder(with adding to QUE and than adding Queue to AME) ain't helps – stucking on connecting to project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Trying to add AE project to ME queue but it won't upload. Tried updating security features, restarting computer but nothing works. Need this fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with this issue as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah same here... i'm tired lmao i feel like this happens everytime i update my softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines