• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2020 very slow

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer; imac 5k retina Catalina 10.15.4, 128GB RAM,  Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB.

I have a video that's been sloooooowly rednering on AME 2020 for the past 48 hours. Its 55min in length, H.264, and heavy on the effects. It was rendering fairly fast at first (I estimated it'd finish in 4-5 hours), but it got increasingly slower and now its at a crawl.

I know effects can add to the render time. But is this normal? I've rendered similar videos in the past on my old computer that only took 8 hours.

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in February, 2021. 20 hours (estimate) to render a 5 second clip linked to AE. Lots of FX, but still… I have an M1 Mac with 16 gigs. Downgraded to the oldest available version, 14.5 because I've heard the other versions have the same issue.  Now the same clip takes a little more than an hour. Workflow-breaking performance issues are becoming the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying apple final cut pro x and motion, I realised that playback is immedieate, and exporting a 5 minute movie takesabout 4-6 minutes. But the program does come at a high price. Which is why I am trying the trail version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryzen 2700x, 32 GB Ram, 1080 Ti, 2Nvme drives, and an SSD. 6:00 timeline with heavy effects used to take a 10-15 min tops. It's been almost a half hour and I'm 1/3 of the  half way through. I lose much sleep over this garbo app.

100% cpu usage on all 16 cores, cuda on...CRAWLING. Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not normal. I'm rendering on a MBP M1 16Gb (which has been super fast until recently) but most specifically I'm rendering a project that I've done before. It's 1 minute, previously it was c. 20-25 mins render, now it's 3 hours. Differences? ME 14.9 upgraded to 15,  but I can't seem to downgrade. Either that or codecs. How is it Adobe always manages to do this? Great products but this kind of situation always leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I just want to use the software, I don't want to have to mess around for hours side-grading before I can hit render. 

Maybe I'll just transition to Motion. I'm a big AE fan, but I just need it to be reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2021

I do a lot of edit finishing, so lots of small jobs, adding subs, light CC and edit corrections. Lots of quick interventions and zip out the export. (Clients looove to change 3 subs in a 30 minute film and think it takes a minute to export)

I have the same issue, for over a year now. I used to stack my morning renders, grab some lunch and come back and it was all done. Not anymore.

I've done some fiddeling and found these:

- if i stacked 5 identical exports (just the sound track or subs channel changed) the 1st export took 1.5hr, but once finished the other four in the stack took 10 mins each. Not logical.  (BTW the MBP fans never bew up until after 1h had passed, then went nuts) This is not just once it hapens all the time.

- what DID help was unplugging my external apple screen and closing down all other apps. Fine, logical, freeing up memory and video processing, sure.

- but even so, ME took 35 mins to do a certain render, PR direct export took 4!!

- using Metal or OpenCL makes no difference to the problem

My only conclussion is, unless I leave my stack to render overnight, I do each one direct from PR ...and snack a lot!

Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this probably isn't especiallyhelpful but I'm going to post it anyway 🙂 I've noticed with the projects I'm rendering that it's the ones I've brought over from a PC that have suddenly hit a brick wall on the Mac. Two similar projects, one 'Mac native' and one dragged across from a Win 10 machine, Mac native takes 10 minutes to render, PC port takes 3.5 hours. If anything I would say the mac native project is more complex than the PC port. Also.... I could die of old age waiting for ME to contact the dynamic link server. What's it doing, trying to Google my project?!? Just very disappointed with how flakey ME is, I do have FCP and Motion on M1 MBP, I'm seriously having to think about swapping over. Oh Adobe, why don't you just occasionally think about putting your users ahead of your shareholders? You'd get less hate mail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, except that my renders FAIL at atbout 90% after going incredibly slowly. When I export from Premiere these take about 4 minutes. They take 10 minutes in ME.

This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that I have 100 of these to export. 

Windows 10 i7-5820k, 64GB DDR4, GTX980Ti.

Error code: -1609629695

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Thoughts? Where are the Adobe employees?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens every time so for the fix i started using Ae inbuilt renderer ik it make huge files but hey i can later use open source application HANDBRAKE to do the work and everything is fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closing After Effects while rendering in MediaEncoder did the trick form me. I don't know why, but it renders significantly faster when i close AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem by just installing After Effects 2019. Everything that came later than that version can f**k away forever for me.
Renderings now are 20 ways faster.
Adobe developers are clowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines