• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC does not launch (Mac)

Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a number of Macs with various configurations. While the latest AME 2017 works fine on my Mac Pro, it doesn't even launch on my Mac Mini. The Mac Mini is old (2010) but satisfies the minimal AME system spec specified by Adobe. I had been going backwards with the versions, and finally, CC 2015.3 did launch. FYI, it's the Core Audio that's failing for the newer AME (or at least that's one of the issues). Can your CC desktop admin app tell the proper installability? I wasted HOURS on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it doesn't launch at all today. Back to square one. Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennethkawamoto2,

I am sorry for your frustrating experience. Please let us know the system configuration of the Mac Mini including OS version & RAM.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

If possible please post a screenshot of the splash screen of Media Encoder or error message for further investigation.

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? 

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.10.5 / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz / 8GB

I have now reinstalled the latest AME, 11.0.2.53, and realised it actually launches. It launches but it takes a hideously long time to launch - 30 minutes. Once launched it works just fine.

I think there's a problem in your module/bundle loading sequence at launch. This explains why there are so many complaints about AME not launching - no one would wait for 30 minutes so people assume it is not launching.

FYI, the AME launches instantly on my MacPro, so it's not a universal issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

After launching it for the first time taking long, does it launch normally now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it did not launch normally, but it took much shorter time to launch today. 1 minute for the splash to appear, 4 minutes to start loading the bundles, then 6 minutes to complete: 11 minutes in total.

It took 14 seconds to launch on my MacPro.

Any insight/theory?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines