Exit

Media Encoder CC not starting

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows7 64 bit

Media Encoder CC (7.0.1)

AME worked a while. I exported a couple of jobs to it's queue. All good. Tried to cancel the jobs and it seemed to hang. Had to kill the application from task manager.

Since then AME will not run. It crashes on startup. No splash screen.. nothing. Appears briefly in task manager then dissapears.

I have deleted all files from C:\Users\login\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\7.0

Have reinstalled PremierProCC after uninstalling and using the cleanup tool.

Still no luck. Is there a queue file anywhere that should be deleted?  A registry entry maybe?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

AME has self-cleaning feature (like your oven 🙂 .

Hold the shift key as you launch AME CC and AME should remove and reset all the settings.

Make it look like the first launch.

Hope that works. 

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

A MUCH SIMPLER SOLUTION: Open the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc) in any text editor, delete all of the contents, save it, and set the file to read-only. You'll never have to delete it again and you won't need to mess with all of this batch file, load-order stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Huge thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS A LOT!!!
i was literally so tensed because i worked so hard on a edit and my AME was opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Media Encoder 2021 is not working and mine (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc)  is empty 

What should I do now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx you saved my life sticker-png-heart-open-free-content-heart-thumbnail.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A MUCH SIMPLER SOLUTION: Open the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc) in any text editor, delete all of the contents, save it, and set the file to read-only. You'll never have to delete it again and you won't need to mess with all of this batch file, load-order stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you soooooooooo much. You ARE A SAVIOR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your solution works for Mac too!

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache/X19zbGNfZmVhdHVyZXNfXw==.slc is for Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH. My problem was solved completedly. You're a savior. I have to log in to like your comment as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you so much you just saved my life omg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This always works for me, ONCE, and then the second time I try to open AME nothing happens again. Then, I go check the file, and somehow there is new information written to it, even though I specified it as "read only". Very frustrating. I'm having to edit this file every single time I want to open AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make the file read only and restart media encoder, it redoes the file reseting its contents and un checks the read only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i tried this but it didn't work for me.

So I automated the process.

Here's the full video:

Media Encoder CC not starting | EXITMedia - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it thanks you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God Bless you sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... Media Encoder has stopped working for me. I just get the "Adobe Media Enoder CC 2015.0 has stopped working" popup. I've tried all the suggested fixes but still nothing! It did work up until the latest update.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FirePro card

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am on a tight deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Have you figured it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please hold a shift key when you launch Media Encoder.  This clears the app's preferences and may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.  I found both of you already figured out.

Re: Media Encoder stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about on Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC.  I uninstalled everything, reinstalled, did the CC Cleaner protocol, nothing has helped.  Encoder opens, I can adjust my settings, but when I select start, nothing happens.  I also am unable to open the 'Preferences' from the File dropdown as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a PM asking for your prefs.

This is different than the original bug report, but the way to fix your queue not starting is by deleting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here--What's up!  I'm on a MAC

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told to:

Could you delete The whole Adobe Media Encoder folder.

rmdir ~/Documents/Adobe/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder

After that it Encodes, but takes like 10-min. for the application to start-up.  It like stalls on the start-up screen

Keith Archiquette

Videographer/Editor

FOREVERâ„¢

[Personal info removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe tech support yesterday. They created a new alias. There is definitely a bug in the  new software. We downloaded the .3

and it did the same thing (Mac Pro-2012, 12 core running 10.11.6) I may have to start using my old AVID software, This new adobe

has so many bugs in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines