• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder conversion settings question

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm converting some avchd footage from my canon c100 to Apple ProRes 422 HQ using Media Encoder and coming across some settings I haven't seen before. Under HDR Graphics White the options are 100, 203 and 300- I'm leaning 203 since that's the default. And under Export Color Space the options are Rec 709, Rec 2100 HLG and Rec 2100 PQ- I'm guessing Rec 709 since that seems to be the default there. Is anyone familiar with these settings and do you recommend anything other than the defaults of 203 and Rec 709?

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's a good question. As you move media from your digital camera to your monitor, the colors shift. This shift occurs because every device has a different color gamut and thus reproduces the colors differently.

Check out this article to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/color-management.html

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shivangi,

Thanks for your response. If I'm understanding correctly, the settings I'm referring to when converting my footage will only change how the clips look on the monitor- they won't change the color within the clips themselves...so technically this particular conversion won't affect the actual clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines