Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder crashes constantly after 2 mins and 20 secs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my media encoder crashes constantly, even without pushing the render button.

If I start media encoder it crashes about 2 mins and 20 sec (stopped time).

My system:

AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8 Core  - 3,59 GHZ

32 GB RAM 64 BIT

AMD RADEON 3700 XT

What I have tried:

-deactivated GPU device

-change settings from GPU to Software only

HellGordon_0-1612004778188.png

-closed After Effects when open Media encoder

-enough RAM available

HellGordon_1-1612004809487.png

The encoder also crashed if I do nothing in the programm (minimized) after 2 mins and 20 secs.

Hope you can help me, thanks 🙂 

TOPICS
Crash , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

My computer is nearly identical to yours, assuming you meant "5700XT" as your GPU. Getting an Adobe live support rep to check out my computer, it turned out that the two current avaliable driver versions that you can download from either AMD's website or Adrenalin are the cause of the issue.

As of right now the only "solution" I found was to uninstall the display driver (Right Click "Start">>Device Manager>>Display Adapters>>Right Click "AMD Radeon 5700XT">>Uninstall Driver), restarting your com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing the system info and we appreciate that you tried to troubleshoot the issue before reaching out. 🙂

Could you test if the GPU driver are updated to the latest version from AMD's website?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you so much for trying to help me.

Since I use the AMD Radeon App, my GPU is always updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is nearly identical to yours, assuming you meant "5700XT" as your GPU. Getting an Adobe live support rep to check out my computer, it turned out that the two current avaliable driver versions that you can download from either AMD's website or Adrenalin are the cause of the issue.

As of right now the only "solution" I found was to uninstall the display driver (Right Click "Start">>Device Manager>>Display Adapters>>Right Click "AMD Radeon 5700XT">>Uninstall Driver), restarting your computer, then letting Windows find a driver instead of going through AMD's website (the same process, but instead of uninstalling the driver, you click "update driver" on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter").

You are definitely thinking the same thing as I am, that it's really not a good enough solution. Unfortunately until either Adobe makes a hotfix, or AMD makes a new driver, we may just have to hold tight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

thank you for reply. It works 🙂 

If you find a solution for that (maybe new driver or something like that) I would aprreciate if you could write a short text to me 🙂 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines