Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder drops video from H.264 file on Windows

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks.

I'm kind of at the end of my rope here. I exported some files off my iPhone (taken in Filmic Pro). They are 4k video files at 24 fps. When I import the files into Premiere Pro, I only get the audio file (no video). Encoding directly in Media Encoder under the default settings (and some obvious alternative presets to try) results in an mp4 file which plays audio only file (with black video).

Any ideas what is going on, and how to fix? Other videos from my iPhone seem to import just fine.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

I am sorry about this delay & the trouble that you are getting while exporting videos from Media Encoder.

The only reason that I can think of is that your footage is captured at a variable frame rate.

Please run a test:

• Convert/Transcode your footage in HandBrake and import that in Adobe Media Encoder.

Any ideas what is going on, and how to fix? Other videos from my iPhone seem to import just fine.

If you think it is specific to a video, it could be a corrupt file. (You can share that file for further testing.)

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines