• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder exporting AE file at lower quality and file size than preset and estimated file size

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated. Media encoder has been working perfectly fine for rendering my AE animations (as early as yesterday) until today. I tried exporting my AE file through media encoder using High Quality 1080p HD preset and it comes out super small in size (781kb) and blurry. Yesterday I exported an AE animation in a lower quality preset and it came out crisp.

For reference:

• The video is 4s long (just yesterday I exported a 5s long video and it came out perfectly crisp at 2mb, with estimated file size 5mb or so)
  • The estimated file size indicated in ME with the High quality 1080p HD preset says 11mb (usually when I export the estimate is accurate and I'm using this preset because nothing is giving me the same quality as the source video)
  • The source and output preview in ME is crisp
  • The file is 1920x1080, 29.97 frame rate
  • Format set to H.264
  • Encoding settings are with Profile: High - Level: 4.2
  • Bitrate VBR, 1pass - Target 20

I tried everything, switched up the settings, tried exporting using different programs and it still comes out blurry. When rendering as a .mov through AE directly, it comes out looking crisp. But I need it in mp4 and nothing seems to work! Searched through all the forums and found no solutions. 

Can anyone help me out? 😞

Screenshots below for reference (doesn't really show very well).

Screen shot of the AE preview

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 1.18.14 PM.png

 

 

Screen shot of the blurry .mp4 Media encoder export

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 1.16.53 PM.png

 

 Screenshot of the .mov AE export

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 1.19.39 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?