• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder freezing brand new Apple Mac Pro when exporting a cropped source file from After Effec

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running updated Adobe 2021 on AE and Media Encoder.

Only encountered this problem once switched to new Mac Pro. Previously worked on a 2014 Mac Pro.

I am exporting an LED board - (built at 90px high in AE) at 70px high and cropping the source in Media Encoder. As soon as encoder gets to that file it freezes and slows down the whole computer making it almost unusable.

No markers present in any of the creative - as I have seen this error may be caused by markers.

Have had to force a reboot numerous times now.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing some more playing around - it seems like it has something to do with the resolution of the file - as any other file I send through Media Encoder works fine.

The same file exported fine straight out of AE's Render queue as well.

Baffling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come across this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue ever since I've had a MacPro (2020). Currently waiting for my system to shut itself off because it's locked up trying to encode a ribbon board. Absolutely ridiculous that this issue still hasn't been fixed when its been known about since 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines