• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder is not picking up render export from After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently using Mac Catalina and have been using After Effects and rendering with Media Encoder, but after this recent update, Media Encoder is not picking up the render queue from After Effects whenever I export from AE.

Is this a common issue? What is the current workaround? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

I cannot get them to connect by Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, but I was able to add to the After Effects Render queue where there is now a button that says Queue in AME and it worked then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the issue. Would you mind taking a look at this article related to the same issue? https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Let us know if it helps. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop re-posting these instructions from 2019.
These steps do not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is nothing but ignoring the efforts of these people and the service they want with the money they give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never worked for me. Programs connected once after the new update then stopped again for the millionth time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get them to connect by Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, but I was able to add to the After Effects Render queue where there is now a button that says Queue in AME and it worked then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS! Thank you SO much for posting. I add the project to the AE render queue, tell it where the output file should be, click the "Queue in AME" button and bam, it's rendering! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problem! I unfortunately am now having issues actually rendering it out of AME... It just keeps saying connecting to project and does nothing... You dont have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We pay too much money for things not to work properly most of the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished one rendering (for 2 hours) and it was successful. I then tried to render another tiny one and it failed. Trying again since obviously it worked the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the key is also to not have AME open yet. The second file kept failing just as the first, despite using the render queue work around. I closed AME and let After Effects open it as part of clicking the “queue in AME” button and now it’s rendering just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I would have to give this a try. I am able to use the render queue as qell, but could not multitask between projects this way.

Where is the Queue to AME located at? Is it only visible after selecting the render option within AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually in the render queue. So you send it to the render queue
and then all the way on the right you'll see the button above the list
of items in the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the fix, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, the staff on these forums are beyond useless posting fixes for problems 2+ years ago, kinda sad that indiduals have to figure this out as if it were open source software/ freeware, not paid software that is designed around having an entire app for rendering to prevent piracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a rad solution, except this also does not do anything. Why is Adobe ALWAYS such a let down. I can not use their products as professional and reliable software to run a bussiness on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this doesn't work for me either. I've rolled back to the last 2021 version and it's not working there either. I'm on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this but it still won't work. It's like Media Encoder doesn't even have a connection to After Effects. Sadly can't render via After Effects either because I'm trying to make a GIF. Ughhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. I tried everything but nothing happened, it still says failed to render.
So now we have to wait for another update I guess..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Dynamic link don't work. I've tried every recommend here but it doesn't work. I can't take render with media encoder 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines