• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder is not picking up render export from After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently using Mac Catalina and have been using After Effects and rendering with Media Encoder, but after this recent update, Media Encoder is not picking up the render queue from After Effects whenever I export from AE.

Is this a common issue? What is the current workaround? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

I cannot get them to connect by Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, but I was able to add to the After Effects Render queue where there is now a button that says Queue in AME and it worked then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, i haven't rendered yet since they updated their software. Not only after effect, but also premiere can't render well in Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue and then it hangs up on "Connecting to server" had no issues until the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have solved the problem on my machine at least. Windows 10.

Adobe had installed two versions of After Effects, v 18.4.1 and v 22.0

When I tried to run AME from v 18, it wouldn't link, but when running v 22, it would.

So I hope that can solve your problems too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not. Literally everyone is trying to rollback and forth and it's still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded both After Effects and Media encoder and it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open Creative Clowd Desktop

Reed5EF5_0-1636408937557.png

Then you will see something like this

Reed5EF5_1-1636408967962.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you, now i use downgraded version, and it works as well. Thanks bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

improvisation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what versions did you downgrade to? I went to 2021 and it's still not working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Have now tried the new button in the render queue that sends you to AME, but once there it just hangs there for ages and seems to not do anything. I have worked on a file for a week, that I can now not render to show to my client tomorrow morning.

Is there a way I could hold Adobe responsible for lossess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if they do not comply with what they sell, they return my money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 10 days since the problem was reported on your forum. When are you going to run an update to fix it ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please resolve the problem. I can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to send this work around whenever I can but, there is a
work around that has been successful for me 100% of the time. With AME
closed (very important) send your project to the render queue, make sure
the output file is set, click the new button all the way to the right
that says to queue it in AME, let AME open, and start the render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work either. Rolling back to the previous version is the only thing that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[inappropriate language removed by moderator] !

Sunday, 1948 pm.

Tomorow i have to present my work and ME is [inappropriate language removed by moderator] mi hard work!!!

And Im paing a lot opf money!!!

[inappropriate language removed by moderator] the updates!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue. Thanks for the solve by having it go to the internal render then click "Render in AME", but then when I start rendering it never connects back to the file to even start. Please fix this adobe and if anyone has other suggestions. Restarting my computer usually lets me get two renders in before I run into the same issue again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, that makes literally no sense from a tech standpoint? WHY would it work for a LITTLE BIT then just not work anymore? This is insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with AE 22.0.0 and ME 22.0 on macOS Monterey.

The proposed solution with using 'Add to Render Queue' first and then the button 'Queue in AME' does half of the work — the composition does appear in the AME queue, but launching the render results in the infinite 'Connecting to project...' process, and the actual render doesn't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just wondering if this has been resolved? Any updates on workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue all the time. Everything is up to date both ae and encoder, I'm on mac m1, 

and it doesn't matter what way I choose to render (render que or streight export through ame) It does not render. 
Sometimes. 1 out of 20 trys it works but it's not enough since I'm working on a project that requiers multiple render through out the day. Adobe - please do something with it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any other workarounds so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Send to Render Queue than Queue to AME work for me but something the render never process

So I use DUME  https://rainboxlab.org/tools/dume/ a  Free and Open Source Media Encoder from DUIK's creator.

There a script to send the comp in AE to the encoder. Work fine and it's fast, but  it's still in developpement (so no render queue for now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines