• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder never working like it should: why?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, just a silly question, but why is media encoder NEVER ever working like it should?

I installed the latest version on a brand new mac, and like always with latest versions: the app doesn't import projects from after effects, and when it does, it says "failed' when trying to render.

It also randomly crashes, and it takes like 10 minutes to launch. 

I've had this for years, with every new version. Now and then it works for a while, but most of the time it's really buggy. Am I doing something wrong? Or isn't it meant to work with AE at all? 

Also my entire Mac seems to freeze when working with the latest versions of the CC software. (not necessarily ME, but PS and AE)   

I tried to launch ME with the shift key but without luck. Does AE CC2020 work with previous versions of ME?

Cheers and sorry, a bit frustrated, that's all.

Joost

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoostG, I know this is long after your post, and I'm with you on the same issue... I've always run on a PC. Now, ME2019 and ME2020 will not convert a file from *.mov to ANYTHING.  The audio renders correctly, but the picture keeps glitching back to the beginning of the file. It happens consistently at 2:30:00, 8:00:00 and around 10:20:00 in a 16-minute file.  Tried putting file in Rush to cut into bits, and Rush is glitchy. Have played with memory settings, etc., to no avail.  Have you had any luck finding solutions?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joost, if you're sending any projects from After Effects or Premiere to AME via Dynamic Link, or even importing them directly you always want to have the most up-to-date versions of the same apps, including dot updates. Dynamic Link changes with every release, so you're going to have issues if you try to send a project from AE 2019 to AME 2020. You should be sending from 2019 to 2019 and 2020 to 2020, again even the dot/patch updates should all be installed so the proper version of Dynamic Link is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines