• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder no longer works in 2018

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video I created in AE CC 2017.  Never had a problem exporting it to media encoder and rendering H.264 with the Vimeo 1080p preset.  I upgraded to 2018 the other day and today had to make an edit to that video.  I sent it to media encoder and no matter what format I try it continues to fail.  Can anyone suggest a reason why or advise what else I can try?  Here's the log file.  Thanks.

- Encoding Time: 00:39:15

11/21/2017 04:37:42 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Career Fair\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;02;53;04

Rendering at offset: 171.471 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

- Encoding Time: 00:39:31

11/22/2017 08:41:49 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Career Fair\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:12

11/22/2017 09:27:58 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:17

11/22/2017 10:12:03 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_1.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:18

11/22/2017 10:53:25 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_2.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:39:27

11/22/2017 11:33:19 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\G:\Audio_Video\Capital Video\Graphs v2018_AME\Short Video Edit 11-13-17_3.mp4

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

11/22/2017 11:42:29 AM : Encoding Failed

QuickTime Export Error

QuickTime for Windows cannot export H.264 on computers that have more than 16 CPU cores due to a problem in the Apple H.264 compressor component.

Export Error

Incompatible Video Codec found in the preset. Preset load failed.

Exporter returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: E:\Audio_Video\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mov

Around timecode: 00;00;00;00

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Error code: 27

- Encoding Time: 00:39:19

11/22/2017 12:23:47 PM : Encoding Failed

32-bit QuickTime support ending

Support for import/export of legacy 32-bit QuickTime media will be discontinued in a future version of Premiere Pro. Transcode to a non-legacy format to continue using the media in Premiere Pro after legacy support has ended.

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: E:\Audio_Video\Short Video Edit 11-13-17.mov

Around timecode: 00;02;52;19

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vtxr1300,

I am sorry that you are facing trouble in exporting your After Effects compositions from Adobe Media Encoder.

Error compiling movie is a generic error, and can occur because of multiple reasons.

In most of the instances the error occurs around time-code: 00;02;53;04

Please check if you have anything unusual (effect/transition/media) around that time-code.

Also, I request you to try a couple of troubleshooting steps from this help document:

How to fix issues that cause errors when rendering or exporting

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled AE 2017 and Media Encoder 2017 and the file exports perfectly.  Not sure what's up with 2018, but I'm nervous about creating anything in AE 2018 if I can't end up exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Vtxr1300

I am glad that you are back on track.

Not sure what's up with 2018, but I'm nervous about creating anything in AE 2018 if I can't end up exporting.

Keep us informed and we will assist you with that.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Media Encoder and After Effects 2018 do not play well - or at all, in any functional way - with one another. Media Encoder works great with Premiere Pro 2018. But the issues with AE and ME really need to be addressed with a patch of some kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And same here.. So it looks like a problem of cc2018 and not our users with "wrong effects".

I never had this before and suddenly I find myself banging my head against the wall because of missed deadlines...

You guys should fix this issue asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be a priority, since people are paying a MONTHY FEE to use a broken service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder does not work when exporting with premiere in the newest 2018 update as of this date.

Actually, render encoding isn't working either for some reason, tried different stuff but downgrading to CC2017

isnt an option since my finished edit project now due was cut in CC2018...monthly fee service should have faster fixes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix I found possibly. I copied the timeline cuts and opened a brand new premiere project and sequence then pasted the cuts on the new one and it seems to like the new set up and is currently exporting through media encoder 2015, hopefully, it will finish it - will update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*meant  media encoder 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the Adobe person wrote "glad you are back on track" shows they do not care, as they did not even read that you had to go back to 2017 to make it work. useless Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER 2018 IS NOT WORKING. FIX IT PLEASE

( NOT EXPORTING FILES)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - Media Encoder freezes constantly, can't get any work done and I need to be exporting dozens of videos a day for broadcast and streaming.

I found a temporary work around -- Uninstalling ME and reinstalling one of the previous versions worked for awhile, but now it doesn't begin the encode process.  It doesn't freeze like it does with the most recent version, it just... doesn't start. It's like the function of the green Start button is no longer in the code.

What the hell, Adobe?  This is insane.  It completely breaks the video editing process.  Very tempted to make the switch to Avid.  This has been a problem for months now and I haven't seen one Adobe rep say they're working to fix this issue asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try turning off Dictation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's off by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you so much! I have been having this problem for moths and I finally figured out why my video kept failing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here. Adobe Media Encoder not working with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with ME 2018, exporting to H.264 from PP CC 2018. I've wasted days trying to work around the problem. Watching Task Manager I see memory consumption and the render progresses until all 32GB on my machine is consumed at which point the render (and my machine) hangs. I have experimented with the same sequence on CC 2017 and the same sequence is rendered successfully (and memory consumption is level throughout the process). The result is the same if it is a PP sequence that has been migrated from 2017 to 2018, or a sequence that was created new in PP 2018.

The only way that I have found to return to productivity is to re-install PP and ME 2017 and to re-do all of the work that I did since my "upgrade" to CC 2018.

Adobe, if you're looking to fix the problem, look at the memory management. People that are attempting to do something useful, I would fall back to CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with ME 2018, exporting to H.264 from PP CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i went back to a previous ME version, before 12.0.1, and could export to H.264 from PP CC 2018. the latest 12.1 version just seems to be useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to 12.0 absolutely fixed my problem. I had a number of Premiere projects in the render queue that were consistently failing. They all shared one thing in common--they contained round-tripped AE clips in Premiere timeline. I was able to export and render all day with "Premiere only" timelines.

With the latest AME version (12.1), a series of these Premiere projects (with AE elements) would consistently fail. Without deleting the Render Queue, I rolled back to 12.0, used the exact same render queue (just reset the status of the encoding), ran them again, and they all rendered flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, right now ME 12.0 it's not working for me anymore, as an alternative to the useless 12.0.1 and 12.1 versions. ME 2018 happens to be more a trouble than a solution.  CC doesn't offer ME 2017 as a download option, i don't know what to do. is there an answer from Adobe, somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raulvieytes,

Going back to ME 2017 actually IS a download option, thankfully, because you may need it to get through some of the encodes. You can find that in the Creative Cloud app.

cc app.png

Select Media Encoder CC > Other Versions. From there, you'll have an option to drop to Media Encoder CC 2017.

By the way, dropping to 15.0.1 in AE allowed me to solve most of my encoding problems that I had while round-tripping AE content in my Premiere Pro projects, while still being able to use the latest Media Encoder (most of the time.)

The latest AE files (from 15.1) are still backwards-compatible with 15.0.1 since there must not have been a major change. The key change for me, of course, is that I get failed renders on AE content within PPro (on 15.1), but I pass completely with 15.0.1. Also, doing a direct export through Premiere Pro proves to give me better results than Media Encoder (generally); however, when I have 25 videos to batch up and render, doing EACH ONE individually in Premiere Pro is rough!

Bill Kearney
LightShift Video
http://lightshiftvideo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you a lot, LightShiftVideo, i realize now that still have the ME 2017 version installed here. but isn't possible to load sequences edited with the latest version of PPro on its queue. just and only solution i've got by now is exporting in PPro, avoiding Adobe ME, what's not really a solution to the ME 2018 issues. if another alternative is to drop down to PPro 2017 to export via ME 2017, seems to be a poor solution anyway. it's difficult for me to understand why the problem should be so hard to resolve for the Adobe team. or is not everybody getting the same issue? are we just a bunch of costumers? i should love to read a line from any Adobe rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue but with .MOV file created by Adobe Animate. Previously I've been exporting to video in Animate, which resulted in uncompressed MOV file and then processing the MOV file in Encoder. Everything worked like a charm till latest updates. No I have this puzzling error message:

I've tried uninstalling Encoder 2018 and installing the previous version but the same result. This is unbelievable - an update which brings some barely visible changes is

causing such unbearable flaws. Anybody knows the solution - please share!

----- Edit -----

I've found an unelegant solution - export all as sequence PNGs in Animate, open sequence in After Effects and then render. From AE command "Render in Adobe Encoder" it works. So much for an "upgrade".

----- Edit (2) -----

After some time of reinstalling things, it all seems to work properly now in 2018 version. Now, whenever I see this "new version" in Cloud app I have mixed feelings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines